BOTAS motorcycle

amazingkevin

9 hours ago, flarud said:

Looks great!  I have that pattern and will cut it one day.  Every time someone cuts it, it makes me wanna go straight out to the shop and fire up the scroll saw!

Yes ,thanks friend!!! I,ve been teased too many times seeing this and had to put my foot down and just do it. Next time I,LL try it 20" long!!! I like motorcycles!!!

that is fantastic!!!  i love seeing all the work you people do.... for some reason when im doing fret work on baltic burch if its got to many inside cuts...it sort of splinters if you know what i mean...and if i try to make cuts that are real close together i find that i often have a problem with pieces breaking off.... i try to always stack cut when im doing fret on baltic burch in the hopes that the layers won't splinter and i wont break off any pieces... is there some kind of trick to this that the books havent told me about?  these problems are the main reason i dont try to cut more complex and challanging work. if i have these problems with the simpler stuff im afraid trying something harder would be a disaster. just woundering.

22 hours ago, dgman said:

Something different Kevin, you did a great a Job!

Thanks Dan. I know I show too many names I do and have wore my fingers out scrolling them, it this is one I could not pass up any longer. The back tire thrilled me so much that I had to do it. I picture myself on this bike doing a stand still 360 degree donut standing up on the pegs with the front brake on smoking the back tire as it slowly makes it,s turn around!!! I like all my fun on bikes at slow speeds less than 100 mph.

On 4/24/2020 at 7:40 PM, Fedido said:

Just when I think I am making strides, you show off some of your work and put me back in place. 🙄. Well done!

No worry,s Dan!!! I need to be in a zone to tackle something like this.I really needed to do this to unwind from doing quick and easy stuff. I did learn a lot with the #3 blade is that pieces are cut gently with this fine tooth blade. So breakage is at a bare minimum in close proximity of other cuts!!!

Edited by amazingkevin
spelling

On 4/24/2020 at 8:44 PM, Dragonkort said:

that is fantastic!!!  i love seeing all the work you people do.... for some reason when im doing fret work on baltic burch if its got to many inside cuts...it sort of splinters if you know what i mean...and if i try to make cuts that are real close together i find that i often have a problem with pieces breaking off.... i try to always stack cut when im doing fret on baltic burch in the hopes that the layers won't splinter and i wont break off any pieces... is there some kind of trick to this that the books havent told me about?  these problems are the main reason i dont try to cut more complex and challanging work. if i have these problems with the simpler stuff im afraid trying something harder would be a disaster. just woundering.

Hi Dragonkort, I just learned why pieces break off. Too coarse of a blade like a #5#7#9'&#12 blades is to aggressive!!!