Panda finished

don watson

I think this is really a Segmentation. It is something similar to Intarsia but it only uses one piece of wood, ie the pattern is one piece and glued on to a large enough piece of wood and then cut out. With this method the parts all (mostly) fit together. I use a KIRJES Inflatable Drum Sander for the majority of my sanding and then use old fashioned elbow grease. I would recommend trying Segmentation as there are some simple designs that give a perfect piece at the first try.

take care

Don W

Thanks for that spirithorse. I knew it was from someone but I could not remember who. I have a series of Christmas pieces to do, the Magi I have already finished, but there is still a Nativity and a Shepherd with sheep, hopefuly I may get those done this year. I think the Magi took about 3 months.

I will have a look for the pictures of the Magi , I am sure they are on here somewhere. Found them here (I hope)

Magi finished

By don watson, February 21, 2018 in Intarsia/Segmentation

Sorry about that, I believe the nativity scenes etc. that I am thinking about are Kathy Wise designs.

Edited by don watson
wrong name