Hello from Slovakia

Yarex

Hello everybody, google led me to this forum while reading lots and lots of review.

At age of 43 i felt in love with creations, that scroll produces, that i'v seen all over the web, and because of my grandpa did lots of woodworking, i  think am genetically inclining to that interesting hobby.

So this month i'm going to buy my first scroll saw and i have tought decision to make. Based on dozens of review around web i am considering Hegner Multicut Quick, but i can't try and compare it against Pegas type of sawscroll, because nobody that lives close uses them and they are not normally available in our country shops (most of them sell products of PRC),

So planning to import brand new Hegner with accessories from Germany.

Based on reviews none of these two would be a bad choice.

Other then that, am married, have two wonderfull kids and working as programmer fulltime.

Welcome from Florida in the U.S.

I really can't help making any kind of comparison between those choices.  I would think overall cost would probably be the most derterming factor.  However,  I chose the  21 inch Pegas and I am very happy,  it is a really fine saw.   I'm glad you did your research and getting a quality product from the get-go! 

We will be looking forward to seeing some work from you soon. 

BTW, I consider myself a slovic as my relatives on my fathers side was from the otherside of the mountains when Czech was a separate county I believe.  Of course I have a little Danish and Irish in me from my mothers side as well.

Edited by FrankEV

Welcome to the Village and an international group of scrollers! Lots of friends to make here and lots of willing people to answer questions. I have two Hegners that I love so you are in good company. As an aside, my people are Volga Deutsche. As a result during WWII be were Russian and after the war we got to be Germans again. :>) Again, welcome to the Village!

Welcome friend and hope you,LL become a regular here. Lots of saws on the market with all the bells an whistles on them plus creature comforts .As far as I know from my experiences with many many types saws , any saw can do any project and come out pristine. Get what you like and enjoy many enjoyable hours of scrolling. Even inferior saws I started out with were my bread an butter to happyness in scrolling for years not knowing of better. Keep coming back we,LL treat you right!!!

Thank you for your welcome.

Looks like they can't ship hegner quick from Germany, because its too heavy.

Had to change order to se2 instead. Should arrive in about 1 week, can't wait for it to make some first attempts (very likely toys for my kids).

Also looking for some good full size lathe too, that i could buy next year (something in range up to 5k), are there any recommendations?

(sofar picked Powermatic 4224B), but if there is some cheaper alternative of equal or better quality, i would really appreciate.

Edited by Yarex

Welcome to The Village from Southern Arizona. It sounds like you now have your saw 'on the way'. We had an exchange student from Slovakia in 2009. She was a very delightful and intelligent person and is now married with one baby about a year old. Hope  to see some of your projects posted here for us to enjoy, also. Come back often

Dick

heppnerguy