Special Interest Clubs/Forums

Travis

Hi All.  I got an email that had an interesting idea.  They were looking for tech help, but didn't know where to ask.  Since it's not really scroll sawing, Coffee House is really the only place I could think of.  But it got me thinking that I can set up an area for special interest topics.  It wouldn't clutter up the main forum, and you'd only see it if you decide to join the group.

Some ideas:

• Tech Support - members helping members on computers, software, other electronic devices.
  • Health - weight loss, exercise, diet, etc.
  • Recipes - share recipes, etc.
  • Other woodworking topics - woodturning, standard woodworking, building, etc.  (We'll keep scroll saw topics on the main forum)
  • Other Crafting/Hobbies - Maybe a catchall for all other hobbies.

I tried this when SSV first opened it's doors in 2009.  There wasn't a whole lot of use.  But I guess the success of one of these groups is the activity level of it's members.

I think if I set this area up, it would be only for SSV Patrons.  A little "something extra" for those who support SSV:)

Is this something you'd be interested in?  If so, what other special interest groups would you like to see?