Ornaments For Charity - Call For Designers

Travis

Pattern Drive.png

2020 was a strange and disappointing year, for sure.  But we're not going to lay down and take it.  We're gunna salvage it with an awesome Ornament For Charity 2020 Edition eBook!  Who's with me!?

We're continuing our tradition here at Scroll Saw Village by publishing our annual e-Book full of Christmas ornaments. This popular e-Book was featured in the Holiday 2014 issue of Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts magazine.  Our ornament designs are exclusive to this eBook and designed by SSV members. Anyone can download the ebook in exchange for a donation to their favorite charity. Our hope is that we'd be able to raise some money for very worthy causes and provide some cool patterns at the same time.

*** But we need your help! ***

We need some volunteers to design some ornaments.

• Each designer will provide 5 patterns (no more, no less)
  • I ask that the designs are not made available anywhere else (this gives value to the e-book)
  • They have to be designed specifically by you (no posting other people's patterns)
  • Designs must be emailed (or PM) to Travis by Wednesday, November 25th (info below)

A few things to keep in mind:

• Religious and secular designs are accepted.
  • Other religions/traditions also celebrate this time of year, so let's not forget them.
  • Keep detail and size appropriate for an ornament.
  • Don't submit copyrighted or licensed patterns.
  • The due date will sneak up on you quicker than you think.  Please get them to me ASAP so I have time to work on them.

What do you get in exchange?

• Credit for your design.
  • The warm fuzzy feeling that you're helping others in need.

Submitting your ornaments:

• Email the ornaments directly to Travis (travis [at] scrollsawvillage.com) or PM me.
  • Formats accepted are JPG, PNG. Please keep the pattern in black & white only (no gray) . That way I can convert them easier when putting together the ebook.
  • I prefer Inkscape files (SVG) if you can. This is ideal if you know how to use Inkscape. That way I don't have to  manually convert them.

Last year and the year before, we had 11 Designers.  I'm hoping to get at least that many again.  Do you think we can hit 15 designers?  If so, that's 75 more patterns in this year's ebook to at total of 435 patterns.

It's a great book to be a part of, and it helps those in need.

I'm designing!  Who else is in?

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody else like to jump in?  I'd love to get to 10 designers this year.  Ornament patterns need to be either emailed or PMed to me by Wed.  I'll assemble the book and it will be available over Thanksgiving weekend!  Here's who we have so far:

1. @Travis - Received
  2. @don in brooklin on - Received
  3. @WayneMahler - Received
  4. @Oges
  5. @meflick - Received
  6. @RabidAlien - Received
  7. @MrsN
  8. @jollyred - Received

• Travis locked and unpinned this topic