Newbie in WI

mtntreks

Hi all,

I just bought my first scroll saw (Delta) this weekend, so I'm still dealing with the very basics.

In the short term, I want to get my work area setup and get enough practice in with the saw to make some nice holiday things for the family.  Long term, perhaps this hobby can pay for itself.

I've learned so much reading old posts on this forum and I look forward to contributing.

-Cory 

Welcome friend!!! Congratulation's on choosing a fine machine as a scroll saw to make presents!!! I wish i had time to go back and read older posts. Beats reading a newspaper, lol I've spent many a year learning and enjoying quality time on a Dewalt SS250 saw. Anything you see in the club can be made with that saw. Newer more modern saws have creature comforts like up front blade tension, better blade holders, an arm that raises, tilting table etc. I can tell from your enthusiasm That nothing will stop you. That's a good thing that you found just the ticket for scrolling treasure for your friends, and perfect timing!!!!.We love pictures so show us your first firewood project, lol!!! We love pictures here!!! Thanks for joining and join in on the forums .Everybody's comments are welcome from around the world!!! Welcome again!!!