Ornaments for family

barb.j.enders

I send my nieces & nephews an ornament every year.  Here is what they are getting this year. The wood is spruce which were left over spindles from my neighbour's porch rebuild.  I copied the pattern at 75% so it would fit on the spindles.  The star is probably walnut.  Free wood from a woodworking friend. Sue Mey pattern.

20201031_185853.jpg

Nice work with found Wood. My mother made each of her children (4 of us) and our spouses and then our children and a couple great grandkids hand cross stitched ornaments each year for years and years (probably at least 25 or more.) Since I started doing my wood working shortly after her death 4 years ago, I started making them wooden ornaments to continue the tradition. My most treasured ornaments are the ones that were handmade by my mother and by others we have lost. (My husband had an aunt who did Tole painted ornaments and decorations that I also have and treasure just as much.) I hope they will one day treasure the wooden ones as well.