I agree with you about the USCG not being recognized as a US Military force. In fact we hardly ever got any recognition.   I am a USCG veteran. I spent 4 years as a US Coast Guardsman. And am proud of my time served, No, we don't just patrol the coast. And we are not water cops.  Read about the 6 major missions of the US Coast Guard.  https://www.uscg.mil/About/Missions/

I'm going to make one of those for myself. Thanks for the video

Semper Paratus- Always Ready

PS: The figure saluting is a sailor, not a soldier. There are no soldiers in the Coast Guard.

Edited by ben2008

2 hours ago, ben2008 said:

I agree with you about the USCG not being recognized as a US Military force. In fact we hardly ever got any recognition.   I am a USCG veteran. I spent 4 years as a US Coast Guardsman. And am proud of my time served, No, we don't just patrol the coast. And we are not water cops.  Read about the 6 major missions of the US Coast Guard.  https://www.uscg.mil/About/Missions/

I'm going to make one of those for myself. Thanks for the video

Semper Paratus- Always Ready

PS: The figure saluting is a sailor, not a soldier. There are no soldiers in the Coast Guard.

Young guy I worked with in retail (after I'd gotten out of the Navy) came up to me and another Navy vet one day and apologized.  Said he'd enlisted and was heading to boot in a little while.  We both immediately shook his hand, then asked why the apology.  He said he'd enlisted in the Coast Guard and "knew" our feelings about the branch.  We both looked him dead in the eye and told him in no uncertain terms that the CG was DEFINITELY a branch of the military and deserving of all the respect the other branches received.  Then, when he relaxed, we mentioned "oh, but you're a DIFFERENT branch, so we're also definitely going to give you a load of crap before you leave."

Nice work.  I was not in the Coast Guard, but alway thought it would be a great branch to serve in... Especially if I could have got a duty station like on the Oregon Coast...  They have such cool boats...  and their station/bases whatever they call them alway look so nice.