Hello everyone from Western Australia

zena

Hi everyone  I have just joined here about 1 hour ago. I live right down the bottom south of Western Australia.  I am new to the scroll saw. I have only been cutting out the basic animal shapes so far but now I am ready to take myelf to another level. I am only starting out with a Ryobi scroll saw RSW124G it will do me for now. Once I know what I am doing then I will upgrade to a good one. I have been watching scroll saw village videos on utube all day eyes glued to it lol and also a lot of Steve Good videos. I am really enjoying the scroll saw village tutorials using Inkscape. I also do Wood burning Pryography art and I am wanting to in time incorporate the two together. I would love to learn how to create my own 3d layered light shadow box designs using Inkscape. I havnt yet to find any tutorials on how to do these using inkscape but im still looking. Here is my very fist cut out I did the other day first time in taking my blade off and on and having to do the tension of the blade to cut out the inside parts. Its a bit rough as Im still sanding the edges down smooth. I am going to do some woodburning quote on the bottom of him. So far im feeling pleased with myself with my fisrt one like this. I really enjoyed doing it. One lesson I learnt was dont have a coffee to close when cutting, floating dust in coffee is not nice hahahaha. I am looking forward to learning heaps from you all in here. Have a fun everyone as thats what it is all about 🙂

smiley man.jpg

Welcome to the Village from the East Coast of Central Florida, USA.  

Cute little cut you did there...looks great.  

For a freebee, Inkscape is a very powerful program, but not intuitive at all.  In addition to learning what the basic buttons and commands do, learn how to insert an image and how to use the "Trace Bitmap" command found under "Path".  Also learn how to change line weight and colors of stroke and fill.  I found I can do a lot with just knowing how to work with these commands.  

Looking forward to seeing more work from you.

6 hours ago, Dan said:

G'day Susan and welcome to The Village! Your first cut is awesome. Be sure to check out our pattern library for hundreds more free downloads. 

Thank you so much for my warm welcom 🙂 I have had a bit of a look in the pattern library for free downloads and I cant seem to find any download buttong anywere for me to receive it. Can you advise me on this please. Thank you so much

Susan

5 hours ago, FrankEV said:

Welcome to the Village from the East Coast of Central Florida, USA.  

Cute little cut you did there...looks great.  

For a freebee, Inkscape is a very powerful program, but not intuitive at all.  In addition to learning what the basic buttons and commands do, learn how to insert an image and how to use the "Trace Bitmap" command found under "Path".  Also learn how to change line weight and colors of stroke and fill.  I found I can do a lot with just knowing how to work with these commands.  

Looking forward to seeing more work from you.

Hi Frank im Susan

Thank you so much for your warm welcom. I have been having a bit of a play in inkscape with the tracing, colours stoke and fill. There are so many options inthere to learn. I will for sure be here a lot to learn from you all 

take care 🙂

2 minutes ago, wombatie said:

G'day Susan, welcome to the Village.  I'm down south in Victoria on the Mornington Peninsula.  One piece of advice I can give you is to use a take away cup for your coffee, the lid keeps the dust out.  ;):lol:

Marg  🇦🇺

Hi Marg thank you for your welcome 🙂 I found out the hard way about my coffee wont do that again  stainless steel up with lid and straw should do the trick😂

5 minutes ago, zena said:

Hi Marg thank you for your welcome 🙂 I found out the hard way about my coffee wont do that again  stainless steel up with lid and straw should do the trick😂

Im on the web browsing trying to find some blades for my ryobi I got from bunnings, starting to wish I didnt get the ryobi now. In moving house for my pinless blades my adapters had gone missing and I cant get any. so I cant use pinless now and im not having much luck in finding any fine blades for doing fine work that is pinned blades and bunnings only have 18 teeth per inch for ryobi and pinless. So looks like I will have to upgrade a lot sooner than I thought I would as this now has made my scrolling limited to what I can do as blade is to thick to get into little arears grrrrrr 😪

20 hours ago, zena said:

Thank you so much for my warm welcom 🙂 I have had a bit of a look in the pattern library for free downloads and I cant seem to find any download buttong anywere for me to receive it. Can you advise me on this please. Thank you so much

Susan

When you view an image, look at the lower right corner of the image. There should be a button that says Image Tools. When I click on it I can select to download the image. See the example below.

Hope this helps.

image.thumb.png.0bb65934d1a622b7397eb8acae4c7eff.png

2 hours ago, Dan said:

When you view an image, look at the lower right corner of the image. There should be a button that says Image Tools. When I click on it I can select to download the image. See the example below.

Hope this helps.

image.thumb.png.0bb65934d1a622b7397eb8acae4c7eff.png

Hi Dan thank you so muych I must be having a blonde moment, no idea how I couldn not have seen that lol again thank you have a wonderful day 🙂