barb.j.enders

I got the Wen air exchanger/filter for my birthday in November and got it installed late December.  It has been working great except for one thing.  At first I thought that maybe I didn't set the timer on the unit, it was still running long after I left the workroom.  It was on again a few other times.  Again thinking that I just didn't turn the timer on.  Well, I haven't been in the workshop for over a week (fractured arm) and it was running yesterday.  I will call Wen on Monday, but has anyone else experience this? If so, what did you do to fix?

2 hours ago, dgman said:

Barb, does the unit have a remote control? If so, chances are it uses the same frequency as someone else’s garage door opener or remote control. Check and see if you can change frequencies on your unit.

Thanks will do.  I just realized this is in the wrong category,  should be in the q&a section. 

Barb,

Sorry to hear about your arm and hope it is healing well.

I got a Wen air filtration system about the same time as you.  Mine shuts off quite reliably with the timer.  When I go in the shop I turn it on and set the timer for 4 hours and it is always off the next time I return to the shop.  Let us know what you find about yours.

Thurman

9 hours ago, Charlie E said:

I just got a Jet and it does something similar. The rep told me it can even be caused by my fluorescent lights. Apparently the remote receivers are temperamental and very sensitive to false signals. For now I'm turning the breaker off to mine when I leave but I'm going to ask them for a new control panel.

I don't have any fluorescent lights in the house.  Going to bring in my garage door opener to see if that is the issue.  Will keep you all informed.

14 minutes ago, Algae said:

Barb,

Sorry to hear about your arm and hope it is healing well.

I got a Wen air filtration system about the same time as you.  Mine shuts off quite reliably with the timer.  When I go in the shop I turn it on and set the timer for 4 hours and it is always off the next time I return to the shop.  Let us know what you find about yours.

Thurman

I love the timer on the Wen.  It was just weird because I knew I had set the timer and then a day later, it was running again.  I thought I was loosing my marbles!!

I have a Wen, and while I don't use it often (only when I have the garage door shut), I also have it plugged into the same power strip I have my lights and saws plugged into....which is, itself, plugged into another strip that always stays on.  All of my saws, lights, and the air filter are plugged into the second strip, which I turn off when I'm done with it (chargers are plugged in to the first strip), so I've never noticed this personally.

Barb

I bought a small space heater to warm up our feet in the winter. I'ts controlled  with a remote control. I was using the remote for the TV and the space heater kept going on and off every time I would change the channel on the TV. I was confused for a bit, but finally figured it out. The heater remote and the TV remote are on the same frequency. I had to turn the heater away somewhat to stop it from going on and off  every time I changed the channel. Really weird

Bring in your various remotes near the Wen filter and see if one of them triggers the Wen?

Ben

Edited by ben2008