My First Lamp

Vector01

Hi All:

Well...Taking the suggestion about making a lamp from the goldfish piece, here it is. Since I didn't have a plan for it it was an on the go construction. I thought that I would continue the goldfish theme for the sides. I picked up a sheet of red acrylic and used that for the inside. Added a low wattage bulb and candelabra fixture and hoped for the best. Pulled out the palm sander cleaned it up and then added a couple of coats of paste wax for protection. The picture is not the greatest. Photography is not one of my strongpoints.

[attachment=0]lmp5web.JPG[/attachment]

Wow, that turned out awesome! Good job! Make sure you throw that in your User's Gallery. That really deserves to be showcased. I don't mind the butt joints at all. Miter cuts along the edge of a board might be a bit tricky (at least I've never had good luck with them). Finger joints would look good too. Plus you could cut that with a scroll saw. Nicely done! :thumbs:

This one was on the fly :lol: I just received my wood from Sloane's the other day so I'll have more variety for my next project. I also picked up a plunge router for my dremel tool. I can already see some panel inserts and routed bases for future projects. I really need to stop reading these posts...They're great ideas but It's costing me a fortune :shock: