Wage Peace!

Charlie E

3 hours ago, don in brooklin on said:

There is a lot Banksy going around and this is my favorite.  Well done. Love it.

Where on Facebook?  My daughter is a principal with lots of challenges in getting her school going and this just might make her day.

Hi Don. Nobody was interested in it, or didn't want to admit it,  so I took the post down rather than seem like I was begging someone to take it.  :) If your daughter would like it I'd gladly mail it to her. I thought it would be a positive piece for a school setting. Just let me know.

5 hours ago, Scrappile said:

Ha,,, guess I have been in my basement too long... I don't understand it...and I had never heard of Bansky. 🤨   I probably should not admit that 🙄.  Nice job cutting and nice piece of wood... 

Here's something about him from Google. Banksy is a street artist whose works have appeared all over the world, and sold for millions at various auctions. Banksy's identity has never been confirmed by the artist, and his work is usually shrouded in mystery. Once artworks appear, Banksy usually lays claim to them via his official Instagram page. His works often focus on topical societal issues, and make strong political statements. 

As for understanding it, I'm sure it's different for everyone. For me this one speaks of reacting to conflict  peacefully. The fact that he is wearing a mask, for me, just made it appropriate for the current controversy.

Edited by Charlie E