1/5 Did you scroll your Christmas gifts?

Christina

I had planned to do just that but due to becoming pretty ill with pneumonia and the flu I didn't get much done. I made about 15 little cars that I donated to a local church charity.............and a couple for my niece and nephew (2 year old twin terrors). And I made a word art desk pen for my hubby's boss. I'm currently trying to get a photo album made as a belated Christmas gift for my mom with her and her dog's portrait on the front.

Christina

I made a couple of cars for my son. But I'm such a softie, I ended up giving it to him early...LOL. I just get a kick out of watching him play with a toy I made. But I had the best of intentions of making more gifts. But I got slammed at work, and busy holidays and whatnot. I guess I gotta start in July! LOL :lol:

LOL Travis.............I did the same thing. It's so much fun to watch their faces............they get sooo excited! And I usually start right after Christmas on gifts for the next Christmas. As I get them done I put them in plastic bags (grocery bags) to keep the dust off, and label them and put them in boxes. So ordinarily I have loads of stuff done, at my leisure, when Christmas roles around. Or birthdays for that matter.

Christina

LOL Travis.............I did the same thing. It's so much fun to watch their faces............they get sooo excited! And I usually start right after Christmas on gifts for the next Christmas. As I get them done I put them in plastic bags (grocery bags) to keep the dust off, and label them and put them in boxes. So ordinarily I have loads of stuff done, at my leisure, when Christmas roles around. Or birthdays for that matter.

Christina

This is what I need to start doing. maybe doing this would keep it more organized instread of hectic around here...

Christina

That's a really good idea. I usually don't think that far in the future. :P My mom use to buy us kids Christmas presents all year long so it wasn't such a financial strain during the holidays. Now I'm starting to see the wisdom in that. Maybe I'll do that too with my scrolling!

I wanted to make some woodpecker feeders and cutting them out with my jig saw was a pain!

SO I bought an old clunker of an Asian saw and did the rest of them and got hooked.

Now I have a Craftsman 16" with VS and dual blade holders so I am seriously hooked but still a beginner. Just starting into the wondeeful pages of the "ScrollSaw Workbook" to lean and enjoy!

Lookout WOOD here I come!

Graybeard

Yep it helps loads. I make the biggest part of my gifts because............not only do I think handmade gifts are the best...........but I live on a limited budget and can't afford to buy alot of gifts. So working on them all year gives me plenty of fun things to do, I can really tailor the gift to the person, and at Christmas and birthdays I have loads done. I also like to make things to donate to charity............like slipper socks, warm hats, toys, etc... And that requires a lot of time too.

Graybeard lolol.....yep you are hooked my friend. Doesn't take much does it?!

Christina

I wanted to make some woodpecker feeders and cutting them out with my jig saw was a pain!

SO I bought an old clunker of an Asian saw and did the rest of them and got hooked.

Now I have a Craftsman 16" with VS and dual blade holders so I am seriously hooked but still a beginner. Just starting into the wondeeful pages of the "ScrollSaw Workbook" to lean and enjoy!

Lookout WOOD here I come!

Graybeard

That's what I like about scrolling. Even as a beginner, you can get some really great results. Then as you get more experience, the more you push your abilities. Its a really fun cycle. Plus the amount of different kinds of scrolling out there is mind boggling! I look forward to seeing some of your stuff! Welcome to the addiction...err....hobby. ;)