Baltic Birch Shortage Reason Maybe

kmmcrafts

Cherokee wood products haven't raised the prices so far and seems like the best deal around that I have seen for mail ordering. I bought 48 sheets of 12 x 12 last year when we was on lock down..  I check checked my records and the price is still the same today. They sold me VERY good quality pieces. The 12 x 12 is a common size for the laser cutting guys to buy.. and this is specifically sorted out to be flat, smooth, and high quality.. Was better stuff than I get locally as the local stuff can have a few of those football patches in them.. I don't recall now but I don't think there was a single piece of those 48 pcs that was bad on any side. It's a lot more money than I "normally pay" locally for the 60 x 60 piece but nice stuff and nice not having to chop it all down to size.. I'm thinking about ordering more of it for the convenience... even though I have nearly 20 full sheets setting here now.. LOL About ready to sell the table saw and buy it all pre-cut to size.. since that's the only thing I use my table saw for, LOL

Humnmm.... 5' x 5' x 1/8"  B/BB grade, $56 plus shipping. Yesterday I purchased 2 sheets that size, same grade for $18.99 a sheet, they cut each sheet in half for me so I could handle it better... This was at our local Windsor Plywood Store... They can be hit and miss on the quality of their BB. but this is pretty good.  They had no 1/4" in stock and did not have any idea when they would get more..

Yeah the local place where I buy it is.. or was.. $12.95 for 1/8 x 5' x 5'  But I've heard it was up to around $15 ish now.. I have them cut them in 1/3rds ( 20" wide ).. They'll cut free so long as it's under 5 minutes work. I buy 10 sheets at a time usually and they can cut 5 sheets at a time on their panel saw, so they don't charge me.. I do get a few of the football patches on some of them but usually not a issue to work around them and use as backers or ? 

• 2 weeks later...