Personal Choice

lawson56

Well I have made a Personal Choice, after a Long Personal battle with myself I have decided to stop cutting scrolled plaques, the ones like I've been doing. All the Cowboys and Country Singer's. and Cars.  Instead I will be making Single Layered Plaques maybe double. much easier on me and my Back, which I have been having a lot of problems with lately. After 20 plus yrs it was a hard choice. but one I had to make. Not giving up Scrolling, just changing Lanes, heading down a new road.😉

Sorry to hear about your back. Hopefully you can get something worked out for comfort. I o quite a few different things on the scroll saw. Depends on what the customer wants. If the back issue from bending over, you may try to lift the back of the saw a bit. Being at a different sitting angle may help.

I can definitely understand a change if what you are doing is painful. Just stay on the saw even if you have to get up and move around occasionally. To me, scrolling is very relaxing but I do fell tension in my shoulders after sitting behind the saw for a considerable amount of time. At that point I'll usually get up and move around or work on something that requires a different position for a while.

I have found something new to Scroll, I will be posting them soon, They don't take long to cut. I paint them, so I am moving from my saw to my other table. It was the lifting of the plastic tubs going to flea market's that was hurting my back, with all the heavy plaques, I went from 3/4in to 1/4 a few yrs ago. but I layered the 3/4 so it didn't help to much. Now I will just cut single layers maybe double. A lot lighter. Thank you all for your concern and suggestions. I Love this place.🥰