Your wings were ready.

WolfmoonCT

8 hours ago, dgman said:

That looks great Kris! Did you plan the layers or were they random?
I’m sorry for your loss. My little buddy has been gone for about five years now, and I still miss him every day.

I didn't lose anyone yet.  My dogs are still younger.  I Just saw it, and figured I know enough people hat have lost one, that someone may want one.  I already have to cut 2 more of them..  I have a list of stuff to cut already to keep me busy through Feb at least is my guess.

Beautiful job.  I have made a number of Sheila Landry plaques and have one in process as we speak.  Her website is a great resource.

For what it is worth -  I make it a habit to pick areas on the back of the plaque and matching areas on the backer board for gluing that will not show through the cuts.  (Along the sides and between lines of text)  I apply masking tape to these "glue islands" to keep them clear of paint and finishing material.  The final step for me is to mate the backerboard to the plaque by applying glue to these areas.  This method provides the best chance that the coatings will not weaken the glue joints.  Since plywood is more stable than the hardwood used for the plaque it gives some assurance the glue joints will not fail as humidity acts on the piece over the years.  I also put 2 brass screws in that act as a mechanical backup.

Again, first rate job!!!

Edited by Blaughn