And another fun one from Jim Blume

beaver

Insane sawer  for sure  lol. Getting there , at about 40 hrs in, guess I'II have to take my brother's suggestion of getting my head examined after finishing this one  lol. The top part and top of head are all cut out, just taped in place until finished to protect some very delicate parts , just the bottom .Mostly just the grass on the bottom left to finish. Quite sure there are around 900-1,000 entry holes in this pattern.

roaring cat 40 hrs.jpg

8 hours ago, beaver said:

Naw.....only about 3,000 minutes.....guess I'm a slow cutter....:rofl:

Slow and steady wins the race they say. But then too, since when is scrolling a race? I don't count anything these days, time spent, number of pilot holes, blades used per project, etc. I do count the number of things on the honey do list though. Need to keep that number under 100. LOL

4 hours ago, Dragonkort said:

totaly stunning!!! Now what wood did you use?  I was told I need to use a better grade of balta burch when im doing fret work with that much detail, which is why when i try something that delaget it winds up breaking

All my cuttings are don on Finnish-Birch plywood. 

This resin-bond plywood is water resistant for interior or exterior use. Unlike ordinary plywoods, it has no voids, is sanded on both sides and is made up of thin layers that make it very strong. You can really cut delicate pieces of a pattern without having pieces breaking off. In this pattern I only had one piece break, the left bottom tooth.

tooth.jpg