Pretty good day

wdkits1

Saturday was our first art show of the year where the LOML works at John Tyler Community Collage here in Midlothian,Va. It is an annual event that features all types of artists and is a pretty big thing in this area. Weather was perfect,the crowd was big and was an over-all good day. Sales could have been better but overall we did decent considering the bum economy. We sold a few wooden cutting boards,a bunch of pens,a table, a jewelry box and hopefully a nice commissioned intarsia piece or two.Time will tell. Also had a lot of interest in the furniture repair and refinishing part of my business. Here is a picture of my booth

foolforart2009revised-1.jpg?t=1240177762

Thanks Travis

We had a good day. My best seller was the wooden pens and the custom cutting boards plus a commission to do a 1968 Porsche 911 intarsia piece. That should be fun.

Ooo...take some pix of your Porsche project. I'd love to see that come together. :) I have no doubt they'll get a beautiful piece.

You have a really great booth. I love the way you display everything. Glad you had a great day even if sales were slow. I'm sure you made some valuable contacts and you may get quite a few commissions out of it too. Your work is so beautiful, I don't doubt it at all!

Paul sometimes you might not make any money at the show............but receive great commissions out of your contacts. You just never know. I hope that is what will happen in your case too. I think the contacts you make at shows is the most important.............especially as you do more and more shows. You build a reputation that soon follows you everywhere and people will go out of their ways to attend shows when you are there.

Also, a little bit of advice, it is my personal experience that the shows aren't necessarily promoted well. So it's in your best interest to promote yourself! When you know you're going to do a particular show start telling everyone and make sure they know the dates and location..........make personal invitations to come see your work. Promote your shows online in your groups too.............never know when group members will be in your area and you could end up meeting some of us in person........which is always fun.

Christina