Indian girl

GPscroller

17 hours ago, trackman said:

I agree with the others nice work!  I think I liked it better before the oil. Stands out better.   But don’t think I have heard of Sawbird blades. Were you get them?

Thank you sir, I agree that it stands out better before the oil.  One of my friends said with the oil turned her into a ghost lol.  Sawbird blades are sold here in Canada by the Canadian intarsia artist Garnett Hall.

GreatJob, but I too, like it better before the Oil.   Some sort of clear non-yellowing finish may have been a better choice,  My favorate is Lacquer.

On another note, are you not worried about cracking and curling.  I've worked with burl in the past, specificallly for turning bowls.  Over time they get better with age, but all curl and crack.  

Was the slab you used dry...less than 6% moiture ?   Most slabs need to be either kiln dried or stacked away to dry for a long time in order to become stable at less then 6% moisture.