Chopper Display

thumb_002~2.JPG

thumb_003~2.JPG

thumb_005.JPG

thumb_006~0.JPG

Ok Folks! Finally! I've had a rough week. I wasn't able to get online as much as I'd like and next week will be worse. I'll spare you all the gorey details of my present family crisis, but I did finish my latest project yesterday. This is the Chopper Display some may remember me talking about. It is the same bike that I use on the rocking toys, with a few modifications. It is mounted on a pecan platform. Then I played with the front fork mount to stretch it out into a chopper look. Then I played around with the mounting. I tilted it so the front tire is about 3/4 inch higher than the rear. To me this give it more of a swept back look. So, what do ya'll think? Any improvements I can make on the next one?

lol i feel like a smuck lol shoulda figured you done that already

No. I've seen a few other people try this project. You'd be surprised the details some people leave out when they get about two or three days in. They don't realize just how hard this one is until they get into the middle of it. That's why when someone asks where to get the plans for it, I gladly tell them. I've been told I'm crazy. In my opinion though, if someone thinks they can make them and sell them any cheaper than me (I get $250 for them) let them go for it. There is so much detail in that thing if you want to get it right. I've done enough now that I have it down to four or five days, depending on how many shop hours I get in per day. The first one I ever done though took seven loooooong days.

The trailer I've been working on though is going good. I've got the decking and sides done now. I bolted treated pine runners to the frame. Then I screwed solid oak to that then put my sides on. Everything that is screwed on is also glued generously. I'm going to trim it out with some mahogany strips I've been trying to find a use for. Then I'm going to blow up Steve Goode's "Scrollsaw Artist" pattern and put on each side. To finish it, I'm going to apply Thompson's Water Sealer and Wood Treatment to all exposed surfaces. Whew! My back hurts more now just typing about it all.

No. I've seen a few other people try this project. You'd be surprised the details some people leave out when they get about two or three days in. They don't realize just how hard this one is until they get into the middle of it. That's why when someone asks where to get the plans for it, I gladly tell them. I've been told I'm crazy. In my opinion though, if someone thinks they can make them and sell them any cheaper than me (I get $250 for them) let them go for it. There is so much detail in that thing if you want to get it right. I've done enough now that I have it down to four or five days, depending on how many shop hours I get in per day. The first one I ever done though took seven loooooong days.

dang them do sound pretty involved. but well worth the effort

The trailer I've been working on though is going good. I've got the decking and sides done now. I bolted treated pine runners to the frame. Then I screwed solid oak to that then put my sides on. Everything that is screwed on is also glued generously. I'm going to trim it out with some mahogany strips I've been trying to find a use for. Then I'm going to blow up Steve Goode's "Scrollsaw Artist" pattern and put on each side. To finish it, I'm going to apply Thompson's Water Sealer and Wood Treatment to all exposed surfaces. Whew! My back hurts more now just typing about it all.

dont forget the pictures :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

You do such a wonderful job on the motorcycles.......I just love them but boy oh boy can I tell there's a bunch of work in them. I know you're ready for some fretwork. Thanks so much for sharing them with us.

I hope whatever family problems you're having have resolved themselves or at least gotten better for you.

I love your the sound of your trailer too. Please take pictures when you're done so we can see too.

Christina