New guy 1/6/09

Clayton717

Hello all my I'm Clayton. I live in Bowling Green, Ohio and have been scrolling for about 17 years, but have always been into woodworking, my newest thing is intarsia been doing it for just over a year. I've been pattern making for about 2 years. Thanks for letting me join. Some of my other hobbies include - drawing, camping, paintballing. Clayton

Welcome to the site, Clayton! We're glad to have you onboard! I'm also thrilled to have an intarsia expert (don't deny it because I've seen some of your stuff in the User Gallery). I'd like to give intarsia a try this summer when my tools thaw out a bit more. Maybe we all can pick your brain a bit. Anyway, enjoy the new website. It should be a pretty good time!

Welcome to the site, Clayton! We're glad to have you onboard! I'm also thrilled to have an intarsia expert (don't deny it because I've seen some of your stuff in the User Gallery). I'd like to give intarsia a try this summer when my tools thaw out a bit more. Maybe we all can pick your brain a bit. Anyway, enjoy the new website. It should be a pretty good time!

Travis, I am far from being an expert. But I will help out anyway I can. Give it a try for sure, I got my first pattern out of a book from my local library. It was praying hands(in my gallery). Its not as hard as it seems, lots of work and sanding though.

Hi Clayton............glad to see you here my friend. I can tell you folks this is one talented guy!

Christina

Hi Christina good to see you here too. And thank you for the comment. I just love what I do and try to do the best I can.

Your best work is achieved by the eyes of another. Where you see Flaws, They See Gold. Where you see something else, they see Treasure.

It's always not what you think, if it was you could pass up the oppotrunity to make an extra buck or so. i have only been scrolling for about 3 months, where I see that something of mine may not be good enough, many flaws, others are very intrigued by my work and ask how long i've been scrolling.

So I have to take the word of ther "Eyes of the Beholders" Opinion on my work where they think the world and are in awe by it where I'm satified with it and know I can do better.

Welcome to the Forum, We are glad to have another Friendly Face here

Your best work is achieved by the eyes of another. Where you see Flaws, They See Gold. Where you see something else, they see Treasure.

It's always not what you think, if it was you could pass up the oppotrunity to make an extra buck or so. i have only been scrolling for about 3 months, where I see that something of mine may not be good enough, many flaws, others are very intrigued by my work and ask how long i've been scrolling.

So I have to take the word of ther "Eyes of the Beholders" Opinion on my work where they think the world and are in awe by it where I'm satified with it and know I can do better.

Welcome to the Forum, We are glad to have another Friendly Face here

Nicely said. We're often our own worse critic. But it also keeps us pushing our skills to the next level, looking for that perfection. Unachievable? Yup. But it sure is fun to try! :D

I am a perfectionest and it really sucks. it's really hard to get anything right, in my eyes anyway.

No matter how hard I try, I always find something wrong with it, I always want to throw it away and start over... on one of my pieces, the Round Fretwork you see in my Introduction Video, that has a Flaw in it, I was 3/4 way finished with this project until I messed it up.

I came VERY Close to tossing it in File 13... But something told me to finish it even thou it wasn't even worth it. I finished it, and the end result wasn't as bad as I expected it to be, turned the right way, The flaw was undetectable.