Memorial/Urn

flarud

My BIL passed away 2 years ago at 68 years old on this past 25th.  My sister, her husband asked me last month if I would make a box to put some of his ashes in for their son.  I have never really made a "nice" box so I told her that I would come up with something.  He, his son, myself,, the whole family have always been "Truck Guys".  So I showed her a picture of a truck I made last year and asked her if I was able to make another one and insert some ashes in it, if it would be alright.  She said yes.  

The body is made from Hickory and the fenders are Walnut.  Several coats of Lacquer for the finish.  I drilled a 1/4" hole in the bottom for the ashes and sent her a picture.  She asked me where I was going to put my stamp.  I had forgotten that she wanted me to stamp it.. with the hole in the center of the bottom of the truck, I didn't have room anywhere to put my stamp.  So I plugged the hole for the ashes and move it towards the front of the truck.  This gave me room for my stamp.  I drilled the hole about 3/4" deep and filled halfway with ashes.  I used my plug cutter on the remaining piece of Hickory to make a plug.  I had my wife make a red heart on her Cricut to put around the plug.  I think it turned out pretty nice.  Now I have to make a "tire knocker" for their 19 year old grandson with some of his ashes in it for him to place in his Jeep.. in case he ever gets into a tussle,, he will have his Grandpa there to help. LOL

Jeffsashes1.thumb.jpg.d982820afbbb18640dbfccdcbbcb1d0e.jpg  Jeffsashes2.thumb.jpg.feffb18d7ceed286083ca47398c206c1.jpg  Jeffsashes3.thumb.jpg.3ded16de91302a50bc8fc952304dc273.jpg  Jeffsashes4.thumb.jpg.0c9edb1ffea8ae65b6a8d7041a738e00.jpg  Jeffsashes5.thumb.jpg.e1d7d5a097fad3aa0cd812b6d2041768.jpg

Edited by flarud

13 hours ago, heppnerguy said:

What unique idea. One  that has a lot of meaning attached that makes it so extra special to the entire family. A very nice project that is very thoughtful and it instantly becomes probably the most important wood truck anyone has ever made.

Dick

heppnerguy

Dick, thanks for the kind words.