Wax time

preprius

I do not wax my scrollsaws because I have a clear plexiglass auxiliary top on it. If it does get sticky for lack of a better word. I will hit it with Johnson's paste wax which is what I use on my tablesaw and jointer beds. I even use that on the ways on my lathe to keep the tailstock and banjo sliding freely. You want to be careful what wax you use because silicone will interfere with finishing products thus no car waxes. Kevin takes it to extremes. Never waxed any tools bases. I ask why. He says so sawdust falls to the floor. You must have magic sawdust Kevin. Wax or no wax it lands on the table and the legs and a simple brush with shop vac and cleaned. You have to vac the floor anyway. get back to doing scrolling. 😀

Edited by JTTHECLOCKMAN

3 hours ago, JTTHECLOCKMAN said:

I do not wax my scrollsaws because I have a clear plexiglass auxiliary top on it. If it does get sticky for lack of a better word. I will hit it with Johnson's paste wax which is what I use on my tablesaw and jointer beds. I even use that on the ways on my lathe to keep the tailstock and banjo sliding freely. You want to be careful what wax you use because silicone will interfere with finishing products thus no car waxes. Kevin takes it to extremes. Never waxed any tools bases. I ask why. He says so sawdust falls to the floor. You must have magic sawdust Kevin. Wax or no wax it lands on the table and the legs and a simple brush with shop vac and cleaned. You have to vac the floor anyway. get back to doing scrolling. 😀

Yeah it is overkill but nothing wrong with taking pride in your investment of tools, cars and houses etc.  and taking care of them either.. may be a waste of energy but I can say that whoever ends up with my tools when I'm gone they'll know they've been well cared for by looking at them. 

11 minutes ago, kmmcrafts said:

Yeah it is overkill but nothing wrong with taking pride in your investment of tools, cars and houses etc.  and taking care of them either.. may be a waste of energy but I can say that whoever ends up with my tools when I'm gone they'll know they've been well cared for by looking at them. 

I am taking mine with me. I told everyone to just dig a bigger hole. 🙃

12 hours ago, Gonzo said:

FYI for those who useJohnson Paste wax in the yellow can. It has been discontinued. So if ya see it on a store shelf buy it. 

It last a long time.. even all the waxing I do on my saws I'm still using the very first can I bought.. which was back around 2006. I've been seeing the bottom of the can for a few years now but it has some in the corners still, LOL. Probably have enough for another year or two. When I got word of them not making it anymore I picked up another can.. That should last me my lifetime.. There are some alternatives..