Mother's Day Roses

On Saturday Morning I went to Steve Good's website looking for an idea for making my wife and 2 daughters a Mother's Day gift. As Usual, Steve did not fail me! I found an awesome pattern for a gift, I printed it out, prepared the wood for cutting and went to cutting it out. I stack cut 3 of them and got them all cut out before I had to break for lunch.
For lunch I Bar-B-Qued dinner for 8 adults and 3 Great Grandsons. We ate, sat and visited for a couple of hours, then I went to work fine sanding my new project, taping up part of it for painting and then waiting for the paint to dry. I didn't have to wait long because we had 85 degree weather. :) Then I carefully removed the first tape and set them in my shop so the women wouldn't see their gifts early. :)
Then I
Bar-B-Qued Dinner for the bunch again. It was so hard for me to not go back to painting, but I chose to wait until the next morning to proceed with the project! Early Sunday Morning I got up and completed the painting. :)
Needless to say, the gifts were a Huge Hit! Thank you Steve Good for yet Another wonderful gift idea!

Dick

Mothers Day Roses 1.jpg

Mothers Day Roses 2.jpg

Mothers Day Roses 3.jpg

Well done Dick. Nice cutting and finishing. I am continually amazed how fast all of you complete a project. It would take me at least a week to do what you did in a couple of days. If you weren't the chief cook and bottle washer you would have finished to complete project in one day. Like I said, nicely done.

Jerry

20 minutes ago, jerry walters said:

Well done Dick. Nice cutting and finishing. I am continually amazed how fast all of you complete a project. It would take me at least a week to do what you did in a couple of days. If you weren't the chief cook and bottle washer you would have finished to complete project in one day. Like I said, nicely done.

Jerry

Thanks Jerry! :) The pattern is Very Easy to cut out and I cheated by making them out of 8 mm. thick RevolutionPly Underlayment flooring material that cuts beautifully, has almost No fuzzies, and takes paint and stain wonderfully. https://www.patriottimber.com/RevolutionPly-Plywood.php

Also, I have almost 40 years of sitting in front of a Scroll saw, so I do have a little luck cutting things out. ;) :) :D

Dick