Outdoors - Scroll Saw Challenge

Travis

@Gene Howe & @Scrappile

Thank you for your nice comments. I used a FD #3 spiral blade. It cut really easy. Indeed it did not lay flat but that didn’t seem to be a problem. It didn’t burn when cutting and it didn’t stink, however I did wear a mask. The fellow who gave me the antler had it in his garden for years, so I’m thinking it must have been very dry and that’s why it was no problem to cut. The only problem I had was keeping the pattern stuck down, it kept lifting, super annoying. I’m going to give it back to the fellow who gave it to me. 

On 6/2/2023 at 11:47 AM, Travis said:

outdoors_banner.png

June is here.  My favorite time of year.  I really enjoy getting outside and enjoying the warmer weather.  (I'd imagine it's not quite the same in the southern hemisphere, though 🤣).  So this month's scroll saw challenge is about the outdoors.  Post a project that is related to whatever you think of when you think "outdoors."  For me, it's camping, hiking, and enjoying mother nature.  For others, it might be backyard BBQs and picnics.  Maybe where you are, you're polishing up your skis to play in the snow!

I can't wait to see what you come up with!

I don't know about southern hemisphere but here in Louisiana we are cooking currently. It's brutal. 

• Travis unpinned this topic