New Server = Faster Website!

This afternoon, I called my hosting provider and upgraded our server and service plan to the next tier.  It's about 35% more expensive, but we're getting more CPU cores and more RAM.  I'm hoping this will make the website work a bit faster and more responsive.  I hope!  🤞

SSV does take a fair amount of time and money to run.  We don't have the luxury of a publishing company flipping our bill.  So, thank you to all of the SSV Patrons who help cover the cost of running this website.  Without your support, we couldn't keep the lights on.  If you're not an SSV Supporter and would like to help out, you can become a Patron here.  Plus, if you become a Patron, you get a few extra perks!  You can also upgrade/downgrade your support plan here, too. 

If you're interested in a simple one-time donation, you can do that here.

OK...I'm that's the end of my Telethon.  ;)  Enjoy the new faster server!

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Maybe it is time to increase the "SSV Gold Supporter" limit from the $5.  Everything else is increasing  I would rather give it here.   I am here many times daily, as opposed to a magazine that comes out 4 times a year.  There are hundreds more free patterns here, and the interaction with "friends" is worth a huge amount more. I do not think there should be a limit to SSV Gold Supporter.  I think it should be what a member feels they can comfortably afford.  Maybe there is not a limit.  I just saw the $5 but I have not tried to give more.. Scrolling is my main hobby and takes up a large part of my life... If we make @Travis a wealthy man, better him than Bill Gates or George Soros!  Besides he lives in my state, if he is wealthy, I could arrange a visit and he may buy me a beer as opposed to @heppnerguy  and me thinking we would try to take him to lunch (McDonalds) someday.  Maybe he would instead take us to "The Black Angus". I think there is one still in Vancouver, Wa.  

My way of saying a celebrating (maybe a little too much) 4th to Travis for all he does for us here!  Seriously,,, increase or do away with the limit.. 

Another little secret,, I just talked to that blond in the clip in Travis' telethon ,, got a date!!

Edited by Scrappile