?

Docupton

Very quiet in here just lately, Dont tell me you are all down the bottom of the garden bent over your saws in a dark corner of the shed, i would love to know what you are all up to. Ive really got the bug for doing portraits, I've enjoyed everything i have made so far but making portraits is really something else. I am practising on Gimp at the moment but need to improve a lot before i start making my own patterns, hopefully i'll get there.

I've made a few simple puzzles and the cat and mouse door topper (Steve Good). These need finishing, but we have visitors arriving today so time is taken up cooking, cleaning and making beds. Love having visitors, but won't get to do much scrolling for the next few days/weeks. :(

I've been doing names and coasters mainly, got photos but not had time to post them yet. Plus I been planing and booking overseas trip and helping a friend clean his house ready for it to go up for auction. Busy Busy Busy.

Marg

Hi 1Doc. Like you I am in the Uk as well. I am working long days building up my stocks in readiness for the craft fairs. I have got the first one at the end of the month. I just bought some coaster patterns from Sue Mey and they are brilliant and I am working on those for the next few days. I have also been building a large stock of jig saw puzzles for children. I have made a nice display stand for the puzzles and will be making another one before the end of the month to display other things, this one will be a double, like a pasting table but a lot smaller. I have a good stock of portraits so I am almost ready.

I am working on a replacement intarsia for one of the ones I sold this past weekend at a local monthly street fair. I have another indoor sale this weekend. I sold a lot of toy guns and some cedar boxes with inlayed images on the lids. Also sold some lettered plaques, 20 inch tall crosses and stars. This month there were only 7 vendors where there is usually 25. Few shoppers but enough buyers to sell 50% above my average there. This was my first sale of the year and I plan to be there every month now up until Christmas.I am working on making more name signs, hoping to get orders for custom ones. I just started doing letters and find it a lot easier than it was a few months ago when I first tried them. I spend about 5 hours a day 7 days a week in my workshop and still have more ideas than I do time.

Blimey you all sound busier than me and i thought i was doing enough. I manage about 3 hours a day 3 times a week, you sound like a full time scroller Jim. Where abouts in the UK are you Chippygeoff, if your craft fair is within reach I may pop down for morale support. Good luck to those of you selling soon, my first sale is this weekend (10th March).