3/4 pine is tough!!

jimmyG

Started out with Flying Dutchman #5 PGT but the mouse needed Olson 2R crown tooth.  Was like chopping through a old log...  I modified Steve's design because 3/4 stuck out too far from the molding so it was off to the bench belt sander to sand off a quarter inch.  Would have been less dusty if I had a half inch board...  Still learning!

20230917_154301.jpg

Your blade choices kind of baffle me.  Yes, if you are using a blade with reverse teeth, cutting 3/4" pine is tough especially with smaller blades.

And given the shapes have no difficult corners, using a smaller blade not really needed st least for me.  I would have been using  #5 skip tooth blade such as FD Polar.  IMHO you can make it easier on yourself by using a skip tooth blade on thick pine.   They will cut easier requiring less pushing on the piece and clear sticky saw dust better.

I have a lot to learn still...

Still scroll at a snail's pace and used that particular blade because it leaves a smooth shiny surface. All turns are slow going until i gain more confidence.  The mouse's feet were tiny tight areas and the tail to me, i thought  was too fragile for an aggressive blade.