Little Mod to my scrollsaw dust collection

Scrappile

2 hours ago, MarieC said:

Thank you so much...so there are quite a few James on here...which one makes the bottom vac attachment and does he sell the attachment?  If so how do I get a hold of him?  That looks like a great idea, especially the dust gate to control the suction.  Thank you for taking the time to take pictures and share them....much appreciated! :)

Dummy me: That would be  James E. Welch. He used to sell them.  Unsure if he still is.

2 hours ago, MarieC said:

@rafairchild2 thank you for letting me know about James.  He does still sell them so I ordered one from him.  Now I just got my Loc-line today but how do you connect them?  I practically stood on them and I can't seem to be able to collect the blue connectors together.

Order the special tool or use a hair dryer to heat the pieces so they are soft enough to push together. They are meant to be tight so the tool is the best way.

11 hours ago, MarieC said:

@rafairchild2 thank you for letting me know about James.  He does still sell them so I ordered one from him.  Now I just got my Loc-line today but how do you connect them?  I practically stood on them and I can't seem to be able to collect the blue connectors together.

There is a tool you can order. Or dry a blow dryer to heat it up.  Lubricate where you are going to connect.  I just used spit! 🙂 

https://amzn.to/46lLrvP

Too bad you are not close by you could use mine.  I have 1/4 and 3/4 tools.

On 11/18/2023 at 9:39 PM, MarieC said:

Rolf, thanks for your picture of the trap you made...a mini cyclone is a great idea.  I do have a request, could you take a picture of your entire dust set up, I can't figure out where your pivot piece would be on your unit (that @Scrappile mentioned and took a picture of) in relation to your trap.  Thank you! Marie

I have my system setup so I can move it between my Hawk and the EXcalibur. This it mounted on my EX. I did not glue the joints on the PVC incase something gets caught. 

I have two mag switches that hold the setup to the saws. I had to put a steel plate on the EX table for them to work.

EX with dust collection.jpg

Mag switches.jpg