New Tool

edward

@OCtoolguyRead carefully. Buying tools from China is tricky. Most of the tools are metric. Lots of the power tools will not work on US power. Then there are the returns. If you need to send it back you have to pay return shipping. Surprise, it costs more for you to ship it back than you paid for it. I looked at Temu's returns policy with one gotcha that I saw.

• First return per order is free! You'll get a free return label you can print.
  • Subsequent returns within the same order will require you to cover shipping costs.

I would buy one thing at a time. Wait for it to ship and order the next thing on the list.

You should take a look at some of the router table insert plates. These look like they are made to fit that router. They don't fit any router I own. They have an od hole spacing.

I just went ahead and bought that router for $20.38 and an aluminum table insert for 11.98.  At those prices, I am willing to take a shot.  I have purchased some other things from TEMU before.  My cyclone duster separator was $18.00 I used a 5-gallon bucket I got for free from Jay Leno's garage, and it works great.  I shot a YT video on the results after 6 weeks of use.  Very little, if anything made it to my vacuum filter.  Everything was in the bucket.

I have gotten clamps, spray can triggers, rubber mallet, and more.  Yeah, I hate buying from overseas, but yeah... at these prices you would be stupid not to for light duty work.

Now this cyclone looks promising for under $30
https://www.temu.com/high-efficiency-cyclone-vacuums-cleaner-filter-powder-dust-collector-filter-separator-industrial-with-flange-base-g-601099523105129.html

Edited by rafairchild2

1 hour ago, BadBob said:

@OCtoolguyRead carefully. Buying tools from China is tricky. Most of the tools are metric. Lots of the power tools will not work on US power. Then there are the returns. If you need to send it back you have to pay return shipping. Surprise, it costs more for you to ship it back than you paid for it. I looked at Temu's returns policy with one gotcha that I saw.

• First return per order is free! You'll get a free return label you can print.
  • Subsequent returns within the same order will require you to cover shipping costs.

I would buy one thing at a time. Wait for it to ship and order the next thing on the list.

You should take a look at some of the router table insert plates. These look like they are made to fit that router. They don't fit any router I own. They have an od hole spacing.

I was looking at the many accessories that should fit that router. Lot's of neat stuff. I never thought about checking the power needs on it. I hope it's 110 a.c.

12 hours ago, OCtoolguy said:

I was looking at the many accessories that should fit that router. Lot's of neat stuff. I never thought about checking the power needs on it. I hope it's 110 a.c.

If you scroll down the listing, it shows a US plug. I think you are safe.

Try this: go to aliexpress and search for "router trimmer".

I'm tempted to buy one just so I can use the accessories.

I stumbled upon this YT review of some Temu tools.  It includes the router mentioned in the OP.  I know nothing about Temu and never watched this particular reviewer before, but I think I'd pass.  Anything that spins a sharp bit at speeds approaching 30,000 RPM, I do not want to take any chances with.  Of course, your mileage may vary.  Just be careful.