image magnification

Wichman

Travis,

I've noticed this for awhile and thought I'd reach out to you, again this is not a complaint, just wondering

When I view a post and it has a picture I can click on the picture to get just the picture in the frame. When I attempt to magnify the image with Chrome's built in page magnifier, the image does not magnify, it reduces the image size, no biggie but mildly annoying. If I click on the picture again, it opens a new tab and then the magnification works like it should.

Thank You for all the work you put into the site.

Wichita 

It's because when it opens into the same window, it uses Javascript to dim the background and make the image fit to the size of the webpage.  So when you zoom in, Java is still working at keeping it fit within the size of the webpage, even though you are making the other HTML elements bigger.

The way around this, as you mentioned, is to click the image again to open the full-sized image in a new tab.  Then you can zoom in because you're only looking at the original picture and Javascript is out of the way.