HE'S BACKKKKKK. This is about an inkscape problem, so you may not want to read it.

Hudson River Rick

Good morning to everyone.  This is in reference to my inkscape go wacky on me, I am going to try to show you what my screen looks like when I try to open a new or previous page.  I am also going to try to paste a message that I put on the other  scroll saw sites.

I wish you all a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!

Hi to you all. Can anyone help me with my adventures with inkscape? Full disclosure, I don't know a **** thing about computers and this new iMac is running me through the ringer.

Since I was able to do some very minimum work with the program, such as change pattern lines to RED and do some text work for childrens puzzles, I'm guessing that I hit the wrong button somewhere. I did all my work on an 8 1/2 x 11 layour and now when I try to work on a new piece, teh correct size paper outline comes up, but there is a 6 x6 box with red lines from corner to corner, and the program won't let me perform any of the work I would like to do. 

I'm sorry if this explanation as clear as mud, and I thank you all for any help that is given.

Rick

my inkscape screen.png

47 minutes ago, Hudson River Rick said:

Good morning to everyone.  This is in reference to my inkscape go wacky on me, I am going to try to show you what my screen looks like when I try to open a new or previous page.  I am also going to try to paste a message that I put on the other  scroll saw sites.

I wish you all a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!

Hi to you all. Can anyone help me with my adventures with inkscape? Full disclosure, I don't know a **** thing about computers and this new iMac is running me through the ringer.

Since I was able to do some very minimum work with the program, such as change pattern lines to RED and do some text work for childrens puzzles, I'm guessing that I hit the wrong button somewhere. I did all my work on an 8 1/2 x 11 layour and now when I try to work on a new piece, teh correct size paper outline comes up, but there is a 6 x6 box with red lines from corner to corner, and the program won't let me perform any of the work I would like to do. 

I'm sorry if this explanation as clear as mud, and I thank you all for any help that is given.

Rick

And a very Merry Christmas to you Rick!

I don't do iMac or Inkscape and thus will be of no help whatsoever with your stated problem.

But I do want to see the Kool Gnome Pattern.  So here's hoping somebody can/will help you.  And please post it when it is done.  

Thurman

Wichman, sorry, I couldn't find your given name, THANK YOU sooo much for the advice on checking the view.  Somehow, these chubby little fingers of mine must have hit the wrong key and I proceded to blame every electronic device in the world for the trouble that I caused.  I can now get back to work on the last personalized ornaments for the year.  

Oh, and thanks for the link to the help channel, I will be looking for some information on why the lower corner arrow won't increase the size of my screen.  I hope I can be of assistance to you somehow.

Rick