Hello, newbie from NC (USA)

WalkerD

Hello, I'm new to scrolling.  Sort of, I had a craftsman back in the 90's but it got broke when I moved to NC in 1995.  Never replaced it.  Got back into woodworking in 2016ish and have been collecting tools ever since.  

I bought an RBI 216 (Eagle) this morning, serial #355.  It seems to be in decent shape except for a missing blade guard.  Everything else is there, including a light kit.

Need to buy some new blades and play with it a little.  

Any idea if the blade guard is available anywhere?

20240101_120332.jpg

20240101_120344.jpg

20240101_115059.jpg

Welcome to the forum. That is a nice looking ventage RBI.  Not sure where you will get a blade guard for that exact model.  Could try EBay.  Most scrollers remove the blade guard first thing or never put it on.  I am assuming you are talking about the piece the sorta holds the wood down when scrolling.(?). 

Glad to have you here. 

The current manufacturer of the Hawk machines is Bushton Mfg in Kansas. bushtonhawkstore@gmail.com (620) 562-3557. Tell them your model & serial number and they can tell you what is available. Going by the serial number, yours is a pretty old machine. My Hawk 226VS's date from 1994 & 2000; these machines are both still fully supported by Bushton and parts are available, so yours might be too.

image.thumb.jpeg.c5aa7cdafbdc8a6f013433fb2ffc4b48.jpeg

Edited by Liz Weir