Another new member from Michigan

SawGuy

Hello everyone.....Dale here: I had a small heavy vibrating Craftsman scroller for the last 20 years and got a 16" Excalibur about a year or 2 ago. Its like driving a luxury car after driving a dirt bike all my life. I am busing it constantly and looking for new areas to use it. My favorite is Intarsia. I teach some beginner classes in scroll and intarsia an am always looking for patterns, tips, ideas. etc. I am fortunate to get some exotic wood scraps and would like to get some better sanding equipment. My wish is to invent my own patterns and will try to see if I can make them look good.Do a few craft shows and try to sell enough to make it fun. Anyway, we are all on a learning curve and I hope to share and listen to items about scrolling. Also do wood burning and carving and hope to find a scroll club in my area also.......Dale

I'm from MI as well, and also have a 16" Excalibur.

I been thinking about trying a craft show as well, though looking through some of the prices they want for a table setup, I don't think most of them would be viable.

They have some craft show every weekend in Ann Arbor, tables are only $15 so I may give that a shot. Lots of artsy types out that way, and only about 30 miles or so away from me.

http://www.michigancraftshows.com/Michi ... 202012.htm

• 1 month later...