Interesting video for Excalibur owners

I can attest to the Ray's statement; "Not a tough job at all if you are patient and take your time."  It took me 2 or 3 hours to do mine  several weeks ago.  It would have been nice to have seen this video then, but the written instructions from Seyco were sufficient.  And I'm not the best hand at this kind of thing.

Thanks everybody but the true appreciation should to Steve Good and the person who created the video. I just thought it was i formative enough that it should be forwarded. One of these days I'm going to tear into both of my saws just inspect the bearings and apply a good coating of sunthetic grease. At that point, I want to measure all the bearings and sleeves to see if any of the Dewalt parts are compatible. Once done I will report my findings.

36 minutes ago, OCtoolguy said:

Thanks everybody but the true appreciation should to Steve Good and the person who created the video. I just thought it was i formative enough that it should be forwarded. One of these days I'm going to tear into both of my saws just inspect the bearings and apply a good coating of sunthetic grease. At that point, I want to measure all the bearings and sleeves to see if any of the Dewalt parts are compatible. Once done I will report my findings.

Been there done that with comparing to the DeWalt sleeves.. Not the same.. I had all the parts on hand to rebuild my DeWalt for the 3rd time.. I kept them when I sold the DeWalt thinking they'd be the same.. they are not.. at least not any of the ones inside the saw.. If I remember correctly "some" of the ones were the same in the front rocker arms..

IF I ever take my saw apart again I might look into the bearings & sleeves for the Jet saw.. they seems to sell individual parts for those on ereplacement parts website.. those saws are made in the same place as the King and Pegas etc.. so with some luck they may use the same bearings and sleeves. So far for all the other models of similar saws you have to just buy the whole link arm assembly.. 

1 hour ago, kmmcrafts said:

Been there done that with comparing to the DeWalt sleeves.. Not the same.. I had all the parts on hand to rebuild my DeWalt for the 3rd time.. I kept them when I sold the DeWalt thinking they'd be the same.. they are not.. at least not any of the ones inside the saw.. If I remember correctly "some" of the ones were the same in the front rocker arms..

IF I ever take my saw apart again I might look into the bearings & sleeves for the Jet saw.. they seems to sell individual parts for those on ereplacement parts website.. those saws are made in the same place as the King and Pegas etc.. so with some luck they may use the same bearings and sleeves. So far for all the other models of similar saws you have to just buy the whole link arm assembly.. 

Thanks Kevin. It might be worth a phone call to Jet to see if anybody there knows. I have no experience with that company so I'm not familiar with how friendly their customer service might be to inquisitive minds.