Bandsaw

edward

My opinion is NO!!!! Just an opinion. Now I am sure they probably did some upgrades from years ago but my brother bought one of those 9" or 10" bench top saws. He knew I am a woodworker so he asked me to tune it because the blade was wondering and could not control. Well have to tell you with the plastic parts and those plastic tires that they used it was no wonder the blade would wander. I tried my best to tune it but no luck. He did take it back and got his money back. He does not do much woodworking and if he needs something done I usually do it. Again my opinion and it is worth what you paid for it. In my eyes I would never buy a table top bandsaw That is why I am staying out of that other thread. 

Again just my opinion. if you have room for a bench top unit you have room for a full size one. The room is straight up and down, not width wise. Table top bandsaws have a tendency to be flimsy and vibrate alot when cutting. You need to lock them down if doing any heavy cutting. 1/2HP motors is about all you get and that is pushing it. 3/8" blade is max you can use. Yes they are good for small cuttings but I do not get it on a bandsaw. Again and I stress this, this is just one man's opinion. Do as you wish because I am sure as the day is young that people will come on here and tell you all the good things they do with their bench top bandsaws. And maybe so but not for me. Good luck. 

One other thing, I went to look that saw up and they do not make it any more so now you have to worry about availability of parts. If you want one in that same class, the Wen suppose to be the tops out there for $160. Probably came off the same line. Rikon is another. 

Edited by JTTHECLOCKMAN

I have both the 9 inch and a 10 inch grizzly bandsaws and they have both been very good saws. I wouldn't pay $200 for that used saw when you can get a brand new saw with a warranty for not much more money. Like Ray mentioned above I would check out the Grizzly saws. Both of mine are 8-10 years old and have not had any problems with either one of them.

I have the Rikon 10" Deluxe. Very good saw, and when you pair it with the Rikon stand it sits at just the right height IMO. Not a lot of power, but it works for what I use it for. I went for the 10" mainly because I have a very small workspace. If I need a full size bandsaw I just use the one we have at work.