Question about saw setup

I have a Delta 40-694 scroll saw. I recently cut some 1 in. Circles in 3/4 in pine and noticed that the "plug" of wood that I removed was tapered in a conical shape. It is not pronounced but I believe it tells me something is not right with my blade setup. Does anyone have any insight into what might need adjusting .....Thanx......forrest

The three most important factors is 1: the blade must be perfectly square to the table. You need a small square to square up the table. A credit card will work in a pinch. 2: Tension. You need as much tension on the blade as you can get. You want to hear a high “ping” when you pluck the blade. You may need to clean off the tips of the thumb screws and the back up screw. 3: make sure you don’t apply lateral pressure on the blade when cutting. Look straight on the blade, if it is bending while making your turn, the cut will be beveled.

An easy to check for the blade square to the table.  Take a piece of scrap, I use at least ¾ , cut about a blades width into the wood. Pull it out, move it around to the back of the blade, if it's square the blade will slip right into the cut you made, if not it'll show which way and how much it's off.