My Oasis

Just wanted to share with everyone that after a few decades of scrolling and trying to find a setup that felt "right" to me, I think I've finally found it.

The 16" King will be going to my daughter in October as she's interested in scrolling, and will be replaced with a 21". Though about the 30" but I really don't need anything that big.

Still love my P-20!

20240417_123144.jpg

2 hours ago, kmmcrafts said:

Hard to beat those old P-20 saws and the nice quickset II blade chucks.. Too bad other manufactures didn't pick up on that style of blade chucks.

I totally agree.  I'm not a fan of the knobs on the King and all saws that use that blade holder which is why I so reluctant to move on from the P20. I know Delta has new models,  haven't looked at them too serious,  but I sure do like the blade holder!

50 minutes ago, Hawk said:

I totally agree.  I'm not a fan of the knobs on the King and all saws that use that blade holder which is why I so reluctant to move on from the P20. I know Delta has new models,  haven't looked at them too serious,  but I sure do like the blade holder!

The new Delta has the same set up as your King. Basically a grey colored DeWalt really. Unfortunately the Quickset blade clamps and the parts are no longer available. 

I am with you Hawk, those blade clamps were the best and quickest way to clamp and unclamp blades! I am not sure about this statement but is it possible that Delta held or holds the patent for these clamps? If so would it be possible for another company to purchase or some how pick up the patent or is that even possible? I too own the Delta P20 but needs parts that are no longer available and the one part is being worked on by a machinist and I dread what the  price is gong to be if he can make it! 

Erv