New Forum - Bug Report

Travis

Howdy all. Well, this is the new forum. It'll take a bit of getting used to, but I'm already liking it much more than the previous system.

Whenever you move data from one piece of software to another, there are chances of the data moves over strangely. I'm still fixing settings, preferences, options, permissions, etc. in the background to overcome these hurdles. Things may change overt the next few days.

If you see something strange, doesn't act right, doesn't look right, or an obvious bug, please let me know here and I'll look into it. If you can't do something you previously could, also let me know.

Thanks for helping me squash a few bugs. :-)

I'll post a few solutions to the common problems below:

• I can't login.
    • If you're account didn't have at least 1 post in the forums before we made the move, your account was deleted. You can read the announcement here: http://www.scrollsaw...nt-get-deleted/ You can re-register for a free account to access all of what SSV has to offer.

[*]​Post attachments and pictures aren't showing.

• I think there's a bug when converting the old post attachments. If it is one of your posts, you can simply edit the post and immediately save it. The pictures will show up. Myself and the moderation team will do this where we can.

[*]Links are broken

• Links that link to other forum posts are probably broken since we have a new URL structure. If it's your post, you can edit it and fix the link. If it's not your post, just post a reply saying the link is broken and hopefully someone (a moderator or myself) will fix the links.

[*]​Links to the old gallery are broken

• If you want to connect to the old gallery, look in the url where it says:
      http://www.scrollsawvillage.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10117

and add the word "old" before the word "gallery" in your URL (no spaces). So it should look like:

http://www.scrollsawvillage.com/oldgallery/index.php?cat=10117

If you come across a broken link in someone's signature, just modify your URL like I mention above and you should be able to get there.

Hey Travis

I was having issues with the chat room tonight. I was on my mobile and my keyboard would not stay up and I would have to keep tapping the bar to bring up the key board and it might come up and stay up for a few minutes to then it would disappear again. I was on the mobile version.

Hey Travis

I was having issues with the chat room tonight. I was on my mobile and my keyboard would not stay up and I would have to keep tapping the bar to bring up the key board and it might come up and stay up for a few minutes to then it would disappear again. I was on the mobile version.

Were you using the app, or the mobile version of the website through your phone's web browser?

OK, I'm the new guy so maybe I should just sit still and keep quiet, but...

I'm seeing a lot of posts that read like there should be pictures attached. However, there are no pictures nor are there any pictures in the poster's libraries.

Another question. Is there a way to have pictures show up in-line with a post or is it all through thumbnails that have to be clicked to be seen?

Edited by johnnie52

OK, I'm the new guy so maybe I should just sit still and keep quiet, but...

I'm seeing a lot of posts that read like there should be pictures attached. However, there are no pictures nor are there any pictures in the poster's libraries.

Another question. Is there a way to have pictures show up in-line with a post or is it all through thumbnails that have to be clicked to be seen?

Some of the attached images aren't showing up was a result of the conversion process during our software move. We're fixing them as we can. If it's your post, the solution is in the first post in the thread. You can also reply to the thread and say the pictures aren't showing up. Then a moderator can fix them.

Pictures can show up as attachments or inline (thumbnail size). It depends on how the post author chooses to display them.

Hope this helps. :)

Hi i seem to have problems not logging in but opening the site i beleave it is a link problem. ANY HELP OUT THERE.

BRIAN [iNSPIRATIONS]

Are you coming in from a bookmark? If so, the forum URL has changed. It is no longer www.scrollsawvillage.com/forum....it's just www.scrollsawvillage.com

Ahhh...well, we have a new Gallery system. So if you created a new album, you'll need to update your link to point to the new gallery.

If you want to connect to the old gallery, look in the url where it says

http://www.scrollsawvillage.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10117

and add the word "old" before the word "gallery" in your URL (no spaces). So it should look like:

http://www.scrollsawvillage.com/oldgallery/index.php?cat=10117

If you come across a broken link in someone's signature, just modify your URL like I mention above and you should be able to get there.

Hi Travis. so far so good. the only problem I have is i cant connect with my mobile device anymore. I was using tapatalk. IT was fine before the switch, so just not sure if its not active yet, or of this software is not compatible. please let me know. thanks.

Tapatalk doesn't work with the new setup. If you point your phone's web browser to http://www.scrollsawvillage.com, we have a really good web interface for mobile phones. There is a link to purchase an app, but I wouldn't do it until I have time to try it out. Reading the reviews, the app isn't very good. But the web interface on the phone is great.

I couldn't find anyone else who posted this. When I start a new thread I don't have the option to attach pictures, unless I link to another URL or use the MyMedia button. The workaround I have found is to post my reply, then go back in and edit the post. Then click on full editor and then I have the option of attaching a file to my post.

Outside of that small issue, I must say that Travis has done a fantastic job cutting over to the new forum!

Edited by kkoene

I couldn't find anyone else who posted this. When I start a new thread I don't have the option to attach pictures, unless I link to another URL or use the MyMedia button. The workaround I have found is to post my reply, then go back in and edit the post. Then click on full editor and then I have the option of attaching a file to my post.

Outside of that small issue, I must say that Travis has done a fantastic job cutting over to the new forum!

I think you might be in the wrong spot for posting attachments. At the bottom of the forum, there is a quick reply box. This area doesn't have very many options, just your basic formatting and access to My Media. Instead, click the More Reply Options button next to the Post button. This will give you all the options you have available, including post attachments.

Let me know if you're still running into troubles. :)