Toy Makers

Travis

I'm curious how many toy makers we have here. Do you make toys on a regular basis? Are they for your kids, grandkids, kids in the neighborhood, charity, or for sale? What's your favorite type of toys to make? Are you making anything for Easter?

Post a pic of some of your toys (to post pics from your User Gallery, click "My Media" in the formatting bar then click the "Gallery Images" tab and select your pics to embed in this post.)

They are really cool! I especially like the astro men.

I like making toys and puzzles for children, and do sometimes make them for my grandchildren.

I wanted to get into making them to sell (not as a business, but at craft fairs and so on), but the EU laws about safety testing are so prohibitive that I have given up the idea. The worrying thing is that even if something is not sold as a toy, if it is deemed to be attractive to children under the age of 14 then it still needs to be safety tested. :(

They are really cool! I especially like the astro men.

I like making toys and puzzles for children, and do sometimes make them for my grandchildren.

I wanted to get into making them to sell (not as a business, but at craft fairs and so on), but the EU laws about safety testing are so prohibitive that I have given up the idea. The worrying thing is that even if something is not sold as a toy, if it is deemed to be attractive to children under the age of 14 then it still needs to be safety tested. :(

They're trying to do that with the CPSIA here too. I'm not sure the finals status of the law, but I know it's being fought.

I also enjoy making toys for my grandkids. The older ones like the challenge of puzzles, the younger ones like the toy cars and trucks. Haven't got any pics of the cars/trucks/racers as they disappeared from the shop as soon as they were ready to play with. It's interesting that they play more with the homemade stuff than with any of the commercial toys we have around the house.

Will try to pry them away from the kids to get a few pictures of them and I'll post them at that time.

Yes, I am a toymaker.

The total of rocking horses of 4 sizes-- 2 rideable-- Ride -ons about 65+

Minis-- about 20--

Toy trucks, cars, tractors, and even name trains are part of the group. I also make name plates, Letters for room walls etc.

Give a lot away, sell some, even have made custom designs, and one of my toys is on permanernt display at Morril Hall NDSU-- Fargo, ND.

It is part of an agricultural toy display!

http://aeontoys.weebly.com/index.html is my website.

Latest project-- commissioned "rocking elephant"

• 5 weeks later...