Custom Polar Bear Video Series!

Handi

Well all, I have released the First Video on my Blog.

Now i've decided to release it here, since afterall, this is a Scroll Saw Forum so what better way to Express my Liking and my Passion then with the world?

http://blip.tv/play/AeWaJwA

Unfortunatly I've tried so many ways to add the video to this forum, but it's not allowing me to do so, So above is the link that will take you right to the Video. i don't have it uploaded to Youtube because the file is so big and I've tried it several times and it didn't go, so I FTP'd it to Blip where all my Videos are at.

Enjoy, I will post each video under this thread so I don't clutter the General Forum up with multi threads about the same Video.

Hi Handi,

I just added support for BlipTV. I'll post instructions in the Help Section on how to use this feature. Basically you use the code after the word /play/ between the tags as below:

[blipTV]AeWaJwA[/blipTV]

This is a great video. Thanks for sharing. I really liked the polar bear. Can't wait to see the rest of the videos. My dad gave me this tiny drill bit holder that looks like a very small screw driver that I use to poke holes through any tape. I think they call them a pin vice. You can find them at hobby shops. I think modelers use them.

Anyway, I posted Handi's video below:

Hi Handi,

I just added support for BlipTV. I'll post instructions in the Help Section on how to use this feature. Basically you use the code after the word /play/ between the tags as below:

[blipTV]AeWaJwA[/blipTV]

This is a great video. Thanks for sharing. I really liked the polar bear. Can't wait to see the rest of the videos. My dad gave me this tiny drill bit holder that looks like a very small screw driver that I use to poke holes through any tape. I think they call them a pin vice. You can find them at hobby shops. I think modelers use them.

Travis,

Thanks, appreciate it, I use blip.tv over youtube, i like them alot better, not to mention I can reach my iTune viewers with it, and I can upload my Videos in the eventing threw FTP which helps alot...

I will be looking forward to the tutorial...

It took me 2 hours to load video 1.............I'm on dialup unfortunately! But I have to say Handi............it was well worth it. You made an excellent video and I thoroughly enjoyed watching it. I will have to do the second one later as I have a couple errands to run.............but I'm sure looking forward to it. Thank you so much for taking the time to make these videos and sharing them with us.

Christina

Nicely done, Handi. Its nice to hear about blade selection. My favorite blade is #3 scroll reverse (FD) with the #5 being my second favorite. I was playing with a #3 spiral blade this weekend to cut my Mr. Bean portrait. I previously used it for my Hitchcock portrait. I think I like it pretty well. Only works on 'organic' types of lines and patterns. If precision is a key or straight and swooping lines, probably not the best blade choice! :lol:

Nicely done, Handi. Its nice to hear about blade selection. My favorite blade is #3 scroll reverse (FD) with the #5 being my second favorite. I was playing with a #3 spiral blade this weekend to cut my Mr. Bean portrait. I previously used it for my Hitchcock portrait. I think I like it pretty well. Only works on 'organic' types of lines and patterns. If precision is a key or straight and swooping lines, probably not the best blade choice! :lol:

Travis: So far, my TC #1 and #3 seem to be my Favorite, since I cut Ply most of the time, I like the #5 also, But it's more for bigger stuff... i'm an intricate type of person, i like getting down to the Nittygritty stuff, small enought you need a Magnafying glass to see type stuff...

The Spiral Blades... Well... I don't care much for them, Free hand or not, I like having more control of my Blades... And when you got a Spiral Blade... Control isn't on your side... it's the machine that's incontrol, and when the machine is incontrol... Well you might as well kiss your work goodbye...

of course I've not found any matterns yet that i liked that would be useful for the Spirals... maybe if someone recommended one that would be nice... i would give them a try.

It took me 2 hours to load video 1.............I'm on dialup unfortunately! But I have to say Handi............it was well worth it. You made an excellent video and I thoroughly enjoyed watching it. I will have to do the second one later as I have a couple errands to run.............but I'm sure looking forward to it. Thank you so much for taking the time to make these videos and sharing them with us.

Christina

Christina.

If Travis don't have a Problem, you can also see the Videos on my Blog, I don't like advertising on other forums or sites without asking.

The video is smaller, and geared more for Dialup then Broadband... Those videos that you see here are right from blip.tv themselves...

You can see the Flash Version on my Blog, Should Load ALOT Faster.

I'm also glad that you enjoyed the Videos... It took me 3 Days of Recording with inturrptions from my dogs and family lol, and there was 20 Videos each inbetween 20 minutes to 30 minutes... un edited... The unedited version are on my Blog, and these are the edited version you see posted here.

Polar Bear: Edited and Revisited Part 3

Here is the 3rd Installment of the Video, In the latter part of the video I explain a little about cutting the Smaller and more Fragile areas while the bigger areas are still intact.

I hope you enjoy this 3rd Video, I added a few little visiual effects to keep the eye intrigued and the mind from being bored while watching my Videos lol

Nicely done! You certainly like your intricate patterns...LOL. Did you say you like using a 2/0 blade? Its fun to watch a little scrolling get done....especially when you're stuck at work. ;)

Travis: You've not seen anything yet lol... That was a pattern I made from a Puplic Picture posted on Google of polar Bears...

The pattern is Ok, it's not the Best pattern, I just followed some instructions in a Photoshop Tutorial how to convert pictures, and that's what I came up with...

I'm going to attempt one of Christinas patterns here soon and see what I can come up with... :) The harder the better I always say, this is how you learn by pushing yourself. Seeing what you are capable of, if you don't know, then you will be stuck on the small stuff for a LONG Time...

Very nice series.

I enjoyed watching it.

George aka the weiner

George: Thank you so much... I have the orginal unedited videos, but no one enjoyed them as much yet, cause each video was 20 to 30 minutes long and I had 20 Videos... So I think they got bored... Anyway, I don't like Advertising on other Blogs unless it's Ok with the owner, and I belive Travis said it was ok...

But if you have trouble watching the Videos here, They are also posted on my Blog at Http://handisworkshop.blogspot.com and I post them there also.

Handi, just watch your video, WOW they were great. I learn how to start cutting and blade selection. Can't wait for your next one.

JP

JP: I'm hoping to teach people a little about scrolling... As there arn't really that much to learn about scrolling, there are different Techniques you can learn to help you along... Scroll Sawing is Simular to Using a Bandsaw... no Straight lines, Even no matter how hard you try, you won't get a Perfect Straight line...

Eventually I am ging to Put out a Small Video explaning how to Achieve an Almost perfect Straight Line like I do which requires only a minimal Sanding to achieve the rest...

So just keep checking back... I've got to edit the next videos for the Polar bears, and once they are Finished, i will drop them back in here...

Polar Bear Edited and Revisited #4

Well here is the 4th Installment of my Video. i have 1 more... i could probably have condinsed them all, but I wanted a little more viewing of certain areas of the project.

So here you go, Enjoy the video. The Final video will be soon, I've already edited it, but I've uploaded it 2x already and it couldn't convert the video for me, so I'm going to try again this evening and see how that goes...

Thanks.

You got a phone call...LOL :razz: Nicely done. Its fun to watch other scrollers work, especially when you're stuck behind a computer all day. :lol:

Tavis: I didn't hear the phone... LOL, I have Hearing Problems also along with my Wheelchair problems lol. I can hear, but not as good as I like, and Cell Phones, Beepers, Birds, Crickets, anything with a High Pitch Is outta the question.

Probably good thing cause it was probably a Bill Collector lol

Welcome to my Last Video... Part 5

I hope everyone liked my Video Series... It was easier posting just 5 Edited Videos then it was Posting 20 Videos of 25 to 30 minutes long, that's what I had to edit lol.

So enjoy the last Video. I didn't get anything done last night on the Pinewood Derby car last night cause i wasn't feeling that great... So I will be doing a Recording this evening as I told my Boy that we would, we have to do it soon cause the Derby is this weekend. So Stay Tuned for the Derby car, since I can't get to the garage and use my Bandsaw, I'm turning it into a Scroll Saw Project lol.