First 2 Segmentation Attempts.

Nick@tinkers-cove

Hey all...Hope everyone is good and busy scrolling.

It's been pretty busy here, which is why I haven't been around for a while. I'm currently putting more stock together for a local market in Bridlington's Old Town. Every year in Early December, we have a Dickensian Festival constisting of various vendors of local produce and Christmas goods. Everyone gets involved with the Dickensian / Victorian dress code, which is always fun.

This year, I'm putting together a display called "Beside The Sea", which will contain various traditional British seaside themed pieces. I recently decided to try my hand at Segmentation. These two are nearly 3ft in height and are mostly made from scrap pallets, or other offcuts. I have really enjoyed trying something new, and I'm sure I will now continue. The lighthouse colour piece is my second attempt, and I decided to try lifting the layers. (The actual lighthouse and bushes are all raised up).

Thanks for looking, and as usual, I will spend a little time catching up on what your all doing (always interesting, and always surprised!).

Kindest Regards,

Nick

post-5837-0-84636900-1379266051_thumb.jpg

post-5837-0-78254800-1379266149_thumb.jpg

They are quite good Nick, I love the distressed wood backing on the first one, my first attempt became firewood, good luck in Bridlington.

Thanks Doc...I'll keep at it now I've got a taste for it.

Hope Leicester's good - I know it quite well...my wife is from Nuneaton and we lived there together for 5 years.

Kindest Regards, Nick.

Nick, They look very nice, Are the patterns that you used your own?,

I think you are onward and upwards now Nick, Thank you for showing,

Bob  ;)

Thanks Bob. These are other images / patterns that I've worked on and re-sized. I do have software for creating segmentation pieces from photo, but it really does take quite a lot of time to get a detailed image.

Well I can't fault this lovely work Nick looks great especially the way you show them off.

By the way what's the software called?

Roly 

Thanks for the feedback Roly.

The software is called 'Pattern Wizard' and can be found here : http://pattern-wizard.en.softonic.com/

Open a photo into it, and use the 'Trace' feature.

It simply lays a photo image, and allows you to fade it out and trace the main lines.

any problems, give me a shout Roly.

Many Thanks,

Nick.

Nice job, Nick! I may try my hand one day at that... but for now, I'll have to admire from a distance.

Yeah...give it a go. Portraits are my thing, but this was really good fun. Especially the relief work - raising and lowering the pieces, really makes an interesting element. I'll add more as I finish them.