hello from montana

kohr349

i am a newby also.  have worked in a wood shop many years ago with special ed students as a teacher's aide but no scroll saw.  received an older model for christmas.  had to clean the contacts and plug before it would run as it sat for 4 yrs in a grage in ok without use.  I am excited to learn more about scroll sawing and hoping to make this a big hobby besides my motorcycle trips.  I teach math at the high school level.  Hope to be able to get lots of tips and info here.

Welcome Stephanie you come to the right place to learn the folks at the Village are the easiest bunch to get along with there is lots of patterns and ideas on the site and each morning someone puts the coffee on just to shoot the breeze about anything besides scrolling don't be afraid to ask questions as there are no stupid questions only stupid answers.

My name is Hans and I live in Mexico

Stephanie,  Pleased to have you as a member. You can learn as much as you can obsorb here.

Some of our more seasoned scrollers may have started on a treadle scroll saw. (:>))))))))

One member uses a 10" hand fret or coping saw and she does beautiful mountain scenes.

I believe the answer to your woodwork/scroll questions is here, just ask.

Welcome!!!!!!!!!

Scrolling is habit forming

Larry

Welcome, Stephanie,

We are honored to have you on board with us, here in The Village. We have a lot to see here, everything from free patterns for you to download, cut and share the results, to tutorial videos on how to make your own pattern. Be sure and come here as often as you can and meet all the regulars here and get to be known by everyone. You will discover that this is truly a wonderful place filled with great people who love to share their talents and skills. be sure to take the time to run through the forum and anticipate in it, even if it is just a word of encouragement to others who post. Good luck with your saw and be sure that you order some blades that are not purchased at teh big box stores and you will be rewarded for your efforts to aquire the right blades for whatever you decide to cut, any Questions, just ask, Most important tip I could offer is,   come back often,

Dick

heppnerguy