converting a pin blade set up to a plain blade set up

kohr349

ok so i will try this again.  on a suggestion from larry.  I have just received an older craftsman scroll saw that uses a pin blade set up.  I wish to try a spiral blade but cannot find one for a pin set up.  i have check many places for a spiral pin but to no avail.  i have also looked into converting to a plain blace but have not found one that gets good reviews.  any help out there?

You might try POZSGAI'S

http://www.pozsgaidesigns.com/page0006.htm

They  list conversion kits kits for Sears models but  not Crafstman specific.    They  have a contact number listed.

I  kinda recall  Sears offering a conversion kit a few  years  ago.  I  do know Olson sold one as well.

I  did  get a conversion kit from  POZSGAI'S   for  my  old Dremmel  a  few  years  ago...  just to  make  sure  I  did have  the  addiction.   This  just  added  to  the  addiction causing  me to  buy  a  bigger and  better  saw later.

It  is  a  cheap investment to get yourself hooked.

Jim. . .

Go to this link and read... won't solve pin to pinless but will give you an idea what you may want to do.

In reading, there are sawyers that use pin end saws for patterns that have no (or very,very few) inside cuts

and pin end saws work for Intarsia artists.

Scroll sawing is addicting to many, as I am one, but I imagine almost all started with a pinless saw.

Sloans wood shop say 'Sorry but no one makes a pinned spiral blade'

Larry

Here's a link to the Craftsman Blade Clamp Conversion Kit.   http://www.sears.com/craftsman-scroll-saw-blade-conversion-kit-22259/p-00922259000P

If you know someone in a factory tool and die shop, they can easily make two small blocks of metal with a kerf in the center

and a hole in the side to fit either an allen bolt or a thumb screw. The blocks have to have a 'V' shape on the bottom to fit

into the existing area on your saw that holds the pins on the pin end blades.

Good Luck and God Bless! Spirithorse

Here's a link to the Craftsman Blade Clamp Conversion Kit.   http://www.sears.com/craftsman-scroll-saw-blade-conversion-kit-22259/p-00922259000P

If you know someone in a factory tool and die shop, they can easily make two small blocks of metal with a kerf in the center

and a hole in the side to fit either an allen bolt or a thumb screw. The blocks have to have a 'V' shape on the bottom to fit

into the existing area on your saw that holds the pins on the pin end blades.

Good Luck and God Bless! Spirithorse

That certainly looks like a perfect and easy and inexpensive fix to me.. I love all the knowledge that is shared here.

Dick

heppnerguy