Your Profile

Travis

It has been a lot of fun meeting so many people who share the same interest as I do. One of my favorite things is clicking member profiles. It is a lot of fun learning where people live and their other interests. Since SSV doesn't require these fields to be filled out during registration, it often gets overlooked. So if you get a bit of time, fill out your profile and tell us a little about you. You can find it in the User Control Panel (left corner of the tan box at the top of the forums) then click the Profile tab. While you're there, you can also upload an avatar and create a signature.

An avatar is a small picture that appears next to your name that represents you. They must be 64x64 and less than 15k. If you don't know how to resize your avatar, upload it and someone will resize it for you.

A signature is the little box below your posts that has links, quotes, or whatever. Many of us use this area to link to our personal User Gallery. But this is also a great area for linking to your personal websites.

Have fun with your profile. I know there are many folks who really enjoy reading them.

Hi Marg. Here is a couple versions of the little critter. The first one is the normal picture, the second I adjusted the color a bit so its a bit more vibrant. Feel free to use either one. Let me know if you run into any problems. I'd be glad to help.

wombat2.gif

wombat1.gif

Thanks Travis. I'm sorry its taken so long to get back to you but I caught a really bad dose of the flu and was in bed for a week. Still a bit sluggish but thankfully on the mend. Now my next problem 'How do I get my little Wombat from your reply to my profile, and add it to the avatar section?' Sorry but when it comes to computers they still do not make them simplar enough for me. :oops: By the way I like the paler one myself so I will go with that one thanks. Sorry to be a bit of a pain.

Marg

Marg try this:

Right click on Wombat2 in Travis's mesage, Click on "Save image as" This can then be saved to your computer, just rembeber where you saved it.

Next click on "User Control Panel top left of screen Then click on "Profile" next click "Edit Avatar, From Upload from your computer, click on "Choose File".

Then from the box that pops up find where you saved Wombat2.

Then click on Wombat2, then click on "Open" from the same box, then back to "User control panel", the file name should then be there and then you click on the "Submit button" All should be ok.

Hope I didn't tread on anyones toes here, and I hope like hell I got it right. :cool:

Luck Merlin

Jeezz Marg sorry It didn't work for you.

I just tried that way again and it work for me.

Maybe Travis has an other idea/way.

Bugger just a thought, What browser do you use, I'm using Firefox and also Chrome, If you use Internet Explorer it may be sightly different.

SORRY....

Merlin

That was fun to read. I'd like to see if I can hit up a car show before the end of the summer. Get some good pix of classic cars for some patterns. Plus my son would LOVE to see all those shiney cars...LOL. BTW, I really enjoy your car cuttings in your gallery. :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...