It's not Shelia's fault.

Hey everyone. I hope you're all doing well and keeping the sawdust flying.

Not so in our household at the moment...my saw has given up on me! I was working on some of my favourites (Shelia Landry's Ornamental Bird Cages) - when I heard the dreaded "CLUNK!". The threads have gone on one of the brackets that hold the blade tensioner rod. The saw is (or was) a Scheppach deco flex - multi speed, and really has been under a lot of pressure over the last few months. It is a great saw, but as it was my first (and only an entry level) so it's time to say goodbye. I don't have any involvement with money at all (my wife deals with everything - I don't handle materialism very well). I always think of how much something could benefit someone else who has nothing - but on this occasion, due to the fact that my workload has increased quite drastically, it seems that I need something that will be able to handle the abuse. So...tears shed for the Scheppach and downtime, but....slight grin from me as my EX-21 is about to be ordered.

So - just to be clear...it's not you're fault Shelia :)  (your cages are a favourite in my town. I still love em' and could cut them all day!)

Photo's show what's done up to now (I always stack cut plenty of birds) and I'll continue when the newest addition arrives.

Kindest Regards,

Nick.

post-5837-0-67053200-1393766454_thumb.jpg

post-5837-0-00439600-1393766485_thumb.jpg

post-5837-0-32069700-1393766499_thumb.jpg

Thanks Roly...I'm looking forward to checking out everything I've read about the EX-21. Lots more work to add to the blog I'm starting.

Believe when I say you won't be disappointed Nick, I've had three scrollsaws  and this one is indescribable you have to sit in front and use it. Feel the force!  :lol:

Roly 

Lucky you. You will be so glad your old saw died. I remember how excited I was to get my new saw and how much easier it was to operate. I have the DeWalt and the more I use it, the more I love it. You are one lucky guy. I understand what youare saying about spending that much money on something just for yourself, but before long, that part will be behind you and all that will be left to think about is the pleasure that saw will be giving you for years to come

Dick

heppnerguy

Congrats on the new  saw. I got the Big Yellow when my fox conked out. So I too have had 3 scroll saws. The first one being the Dremel Moto Saw which is fine for little things like ornaments and other small items, but you can't make bowls on it. No table tilt on that saw. Then there's the Fox.( Shop Fox ) it does have a table tilt but the blades are harder to change but not too bad of an entry level saw. Now I have the Big Yellow DeWalt 788. Love it. The blades are so much easier to change and I don't even have to tilt the table to get it in there. The table tilts both ways and I played with that yesterday. I can't get over how much larger the DeWalt is compared to the Shop Fox. Makes me wonder how the blazes I got it up on the bench! Enjoy your new saw when it gets there.   Fay

Congrats on ordering the new EX21 Nick, you'll love using it once it arrives. Do you have any idea of, how long you'll be waiting for it to arrive?

Len

Thanks Len. It will be on 24 hr delivery from Axminster. I'm sorting a few other things out first before ordering - otherwise it will arrive and I'll be gone for days! LOL

Congrats on the new saw. I got the Big Yellow when my fox conked out. So I too have had 3 scroll saws. The first one being the Dremel Moto Saw which is fine for little things like ornaments and other small items, but you can't make bowls on it. No table tilt on that saw. Then there's the Fox.( Shop Fox ) it does have a table tilt but the blades are harder to change but not too bad of an entry level saw. Now I have the Big Yellow DeWalt 788. Love it. The blades are so much easier to change and I don't even have to tilt the table to get it in there. The table tilts both ways and I played with that yesterday. I can't get over how much larger the DeWalt is compared to the Shop Fox. Makes me wonder how the blazes I got it up on the bench! Enjoy your new saw when it gets there. Fay

Thanks Fay...Seems like you've got plenty of experience with the saws. I'll keep you all informed.

Kindest Regards,

Nick

Thanks Len. It will be on 24 hr delivery from Axminster. I'm sorting a few other things out first before ordering - otherwise it will arrive and I'll be gone for days! LOL

How weird Nick that's where I got mine from their delivery was very quick. Are you sleeping and dreaming about it. lol.

Roly

Edited by Phantom Scroller

Oh, no!  :/  It is an evil plan I have to get you to get an Excalibur! ;)  I am really sorry about your saw.  It is never fun when something we use and love breaks.  But I think once you get your new saw and get used to it, you will wonder how you ever got along without it!  You will have to let me know how you like it.  I would really be interested. 

Thank you for the kind words on the bird cages.  I found those fun to cut and I really like them as well! :)

Take care, Sheila

Oh, no! :/ It is an evil plan I have to get you to get an Excalibur! ;) I am really sorry about your saw. It is never fun when something we use and love breaks. But I think once you get your new saw and get used to it, you will wonder how you

ever got along without it! You will have to let me know how you like it. I would really be interested.

Thank you for the kind words on the bird cages. I found those fun to cut and I really like them as well! :)

Take care, Sheila

Well - the plan worked Shelia. LOL Thanks for the kind words and I'll keep you updated. (There's now a possibility of the 30 instead of the 21 - watch this space).

Kindest Regards,

Nick.