Return of the Excalibur???

Here is something I just found. Apparently Woodcraft is going to carry the King saws. Here's the link:

https://www.woodcraft.com/products/king-industrial-30-inch-scroll-saw-with-foot-switch#ShipsToday

https://www.woodcraft.com/products/king-industrial-16-inch-scroll-saw

Edited by TheWoodArtist
added the link for the 16 inch

7 hours ago, TheWoodArtist said:

Not only is it interesting that woodcraft is selling it.. but something that is also interesting is the price.. that's a steel for the 30" saw.. I believe the 21" was priced in that price range.. I didn't see a 21" offered.. unless I missed it.. looks like only a 30" and the 16"

Looks like woodcraft is starting to distribute the EX made by King Canada but they call it King industrial 16" or 30". They are selling the 16" and the 30" saw. Not the 21".And prices look good!  599 and 899.

https://www.woodcraft.com/products/king-industrial-16-inch-scroll-saw?via=573621bd69702d0676000002%2C573621e069702d0676000f61%2C576401bf69702d3ae3000c4b

No they don't have a 21. Only the 16 and 30 now I wish I would've known this was going to happen. I knew last year Excalibur was going to be no more and bought a 21 and 30 but o well I'm happy with them. May end up ordering the 16 king for a show saw (one taken to shows) the 2 I have now are heavy to be loading and unloading...lol! I have to go to Woodcraft in Tulsa Oklahoma this weekend for ply and some carving chisels and knives. I will be asking about it and shipping and if it ships to the store and such as they show not available in store but says "ships today" so I'm hoping it'll ship to store for free like the other things do when you order. If it goes good I will be ordering one.

Boy, would I be careful on these woodcraft saws.  The description only says made in the same factory, no specifications.

I did a little digging on king industrial.  King industrial is affiliated with King Canada.  The Canadians equate King Canada with our Harbor Freight.  Couple this with the lower sticker, and I wonder if this is the same as Excalibur saws.  IMO, this may be a whole new product.

I had an "experience" with the Milwaukee Woodcraft.  As far as my feeling is, How much advertising is Woodcraft gonna have to do to get me back in their store?  Something happened with Lie Nielsen there also.  Things they are a changin.

These saws may or may not be the same as the "old" Excalibur.  At my house, we don't take $600+ out of petty cash and I'm not gonna be the first hog at the trough on these.  I'd feel a lot better reading some honest reviews on these, and not seashells and balloons from some shill.

Mark

I am very very excited by this news.  These saws have been available from Axminster and Carbatec for years, and more recently Pegas, and now King (or Excelsior).  I would have expected King to keep the Excelsior brand on the saw which I thought was very cool.  However, I was tired of seeing EX available all over the world, except for the US.

Edited by hotshot