Performax 16-32

trackman

1 hour ago, trackman said:

I finally got to use the drum sander that I got a good deal on at an auction. It is one of those tools that you wounder how you got along with out it. Sanded 8 one foot square boards. Did a great job an best of all no work on me LOL. 

IMG_1594.JPG

"Did a great job an best of all no work on me LOL" Are you saying you took all the fun out of sanding?? LOL  I was wondering how the dust collection is?

Own one of the very first originals and it is one of the most used tools in my shop. I too did not know how much work I saved myself since I bought it. I use a shop vac with the standard 2" hose and works great. Have to empty the barrel a few times if doing lots of sanding but that is no big deal. Have replaced the drive belt twice so far and bypassed the switch that turns on and off because it burnt out. But other than that it is a work horse. I love mine. 

10 hours ago, hawkeye10 said:

"Did a great job an best of all no work on me LOL" Are you saying you took all the fun out of sanding?? LOL  I was wondering how the dust collection is?

The dust collector is working good.  I ran out of the clear hose for the table saw so had to use dryer hose until I can get more of the clear hose.  I am still using the shop vac with dust deputy for the scroll saw.

IMG_1638.jpg

IMG_1639.jpg

IMG_1640.jpg

As I said on the SSWWC forum, that is a very nice setup. What grits are you using? If I remember correctly you got a really good deal on that sander. Did you get the dust collector with it?

Hawkey, there is no fun in sanding JMO.

When I first bought my 19-38 Supermax sander I used 80 for roughing (note never try to remove paint, loads up the paper instantly) and the 220 for fine sanding.

I have just switched to 150 for the fine and 50 for the rough stuff dimensioning. The 220 is relegated for pre-sanding my baltic birch ply.

Edited by Rolf