Truly Humbled

Old Joe

I am sure some of you have seen Fiona Kingdon’s work, but I never had until a couple of days ago. The detail, the extensive collection, the artistry, just all of it blew me away. Personally, her work is my favorite scrollsaw style that I have ever come across! 

If you’ve never seen her unique work, check this site out:

https://www.fionakingdon.com/

12 minutes ago, Scrappile said:

I agree with you 100%.  True scroll saw artist.  I can't even visualize that kind of scenes when I look at a piece of wood.  I do not see a pattern either.  She must draw it on the wood or it is totally free hand.

Thanks for sharing.  I now have a new idol!

I was truly stunned when I saw her work. And the more I looked into her, the more I kept coming across. Truly world class!

She also has a great Facebook page that is an open site: 

Fiona Kingdon-Artist In Wood 

Edited by Old Joe

5 hours ago, octoolguy said:

Some folks are just plain born artists. And then there are the rest of US!

Yep, the rest of me, puts on a pattern and cuts out the black..  I think I am pretty good at that, but then I see something like this and I get depressed!  She does real art.

I had never heard of Fiona Kingdon before.  She is an amazing talent, blending creative artistry with impressive craftsmanship to create these unique and beautiful works of art.  In the4 20+ years or so that I've been scrolling, I've been blessed and humbled to see traditional scrolling branch off into so many different directions.  It truly has been a site to behold and Ms. Kingdon's work just takes it up another notch.  I wonder if her work/patterns will ever make it into the scrolling mainstream?  She deserves recognition for what she has accomplished.

She has a unique artistic talent for sure. She uses Mother Natures coloring of woods to her advantage. Many hours in those pieces for sure. There are many more artist out there like this in many different fields and they stand above the rest of us. What we do is introductory level stuff but remember there are those who can not even do that and they look at our work the same we are at this artist's. So do not put yourself down. I always marvel at the pattern makers that make us look good as true artisans. She was given a gift and she is sharing that gift for sure.