Truly Humbled

Old Joe

1 hour ago, GrampaJim said:

All that and she is using a single speed Hegner and it doesn't have a Quick clamp.  That is a true artist.  Wow!!!

She uses virtually no patterns whatsoever. She mainly just starts cutting,working with what the grain, knots, etc of each piece of wood gives her to work with. Doesn’t have much use for plywood, Baltic Birch or otherwise.As best I can tell she doesn’t use tape, either.Also she has found selling patterns to me more trouble than it’s worth and personally said on her FB page that using someone else’s pattern is akin to asking a painter for paint by numbers patterns. I’m so taken by her work, unique style, and attitude that I am ready to rethink where I’m going with scrolling. Being closer to 70 than 60 Ithought I’d seen most of what was worth seeing. Wrong again!

I had a nice phone conversation with Paul, (Scrappile) and he told me about her. Paul posted me her link and I was immediately awe struck, just like everyone here is. Like Rocky said, some people seem to have all the talent. I am so pumped, just looking at her wonderful work. It is truly a notch up from anything I have seen before.

Dick

heppnerguy

• 4 years later...
On 2/17/2019 at 12:35 PM, GrampaJim said:

All that and she is using a single speed Hegner and it doesn't have a Quick clamp.  That is a true artist.  Wow!!!

Did you read where she found that saw in a dumpster. She brought it home, cleaned it up and was amazed that it worked. Who, I repeat Who, would throw something like that away?